Genre Finder 5.0 - Updated 05/08/2012

Post a reply

Visual Confirmation

To prevent automated access and spam, you are required to confirm that you are human. Please place a check mark next to all images of monkeys or apes. If you cannot see any images, please contact the Board Administrator.

Smilies
:D :) :( :o :-? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :roll: :wink:
BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[flash] is OFF
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON
Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Genre Finder 5.0 - Updated 05/08/2012

Re: Genre Finder 5.0 - Updated 05/08/2012

Post by Darryl_Gittins » Thu May 12, 2016 12:13 pm

odyss3y wrote:With the 800 line fix, it is working for me. Windows 10


What is the "800 line fix"? Can you please elaborate? Thanks!

Genre Finder

Post by StephenSmith » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:39 am

Morning All

Sorry I am relatively new to MM but am computer savvy, I have installed the Genre Finder add-on script. Once I have highlighted an album, and ran the Genre Finder script, I get a message returning saying that the number of files have been processed and nothing else.

Am I doing something wrong here, as have tried this several times now all with the same result.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Re: Genre Finder 5.0 - Updated 05/08/2012

Post by be4con » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:10 pm

This isn't working for me on Win 7 64 Bit. I tried the edit to line 800 of the vbs and it hasn't helped.

Are you still working with this script trixmoto, or has anyone else had any joy getting it working again?

Thanks

Re: Genre Finder 5.0 - Updated 05/08/2012

Post by odyss3y » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:06 pm

With the 800 line fix, it is working for me. Windows 10

Re: Genre Finder 5.0 - Updated 05/08/2012

Post by Maxpower » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:01 pm

Me too . . . this script is not working on Windows 8.1 pro 64 bit.

Any plans to update the script and make it functional again?

Re: Genre Finder 5.0 - Updated 05/08/2012

Post by AussieWayne » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:26 am

Hi guys I am having similar problems with BatchArt, GenreFinder and Lyricator.
Windows 7 64 bit. Could recent changes with Chrome have any thing to do with this?

Re: Genre Finder 5.0 - Updated 05/08/2012

Post by P0wderkeg » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:48 pm

I think it broke since the last.fm site redesign. maybe something changed in the api. The last.fm play importer is broke too.

Re: Genre Finder 5.0 - Updated 05/08/2012

Post by spinorama » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:29 am

not working for me either.

it worked fine until recently. any chance a fix is in the works? i used this all the time and now it just doesn't retrieve anything at all. :(

Re: Genre Finder 5.0 - Updated 05/08/2012

Post by jochen69 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:29 am

Hello,
when i want to change settings, get error

Error #-2147418113 - SonbgsDB.SDBUIDropDown
Control '' has no parent window
GenreFinder.vbs Line: 2022, Colunn: 4

Re: Genre Finder 5.0 - Updated 05/08/2012

Post by lifeinbeats » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:56 am

Also having issues even after adjusting line 800!

Re: Genre Finder 5.0 - Updated 05/08/2012

Post by djkawa2 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:44 pm

Hey guys, i dont know if this is related to the posts above, but the script stopped working for me. i tried modifying the line 800, did not fix it. I am using this very useful script with multiple values and a bunch of "white" lists. would be really good if it worked again.. any news on your side?

Re: Genre Finder 5.0 - Updated 05/08/2012

Post by freuz » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:30 am

it's working but i suspect something else is wrong with the settings "use top results" / "Minimum match". seems you get alla possible results even if you set top results to high (100) level.

or am I doing something wrong perhaps?

Re: Genre Finder 5.0 - Updated 05/08/2012

Post by AdrianG » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:27 am

Making the change to line 800 worked for me too. Thanks!

Re: Genre Finder 5.0 - Updated 05/08/2012

Post by freuz » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:20 am

thanks !
now it started working again just like you said.

great :)

Re: Genre Finder 5.0 - Updated 05/08/2012

Post by Abderius » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:49 am

Mime isn't working too, with a more detailed log I could make a workaround.

Just changed the line 800 on GenreFinder.vbs from str = FixGenre(ele.ChildNodes.Item(0).Text) TO str = FixGenre(ele.ChildNodes.Item(1).Text)

The problem apparently is because of a little change in the xml the last.fm is returning.

Top