Hello Gingernut63 (and others on this forum)
I'm new here, trying to install and run MonkeySqueeze, and running into trouble early on with the Comms test between MediaMonkey and my LMS server......
Here's my setup:
- Windows 8.1 PC (firewall deactivated while installing/testing)
- LMS 7.9 on Synology NAS (no password protection - static local IP address 192.168.0.19:9002
- Monkey Media 4.1.23 (running in admin mode) - music library correctly scanned and displayed - great piece of software
- MonkeySqueeze 3.3 (looks great, alas can't pass the first hurde.....)
- PC and NAS on Linksys basic ethernet switch, router access thru powerline adapters
Here's my issue: when clicking the "test comms" button in Monkey Squeeze, I immediately get a "comms not working" message - "testing" message while polling and waiting......
How do I make this work ? Is it a version mismatch issue, a networking issue ? I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything, to no avail (incidentally, I could not do a "clean" uninstall of MonkeySqueeze as my parameters (IP and port #, MAC addresses etc. seemed to still be there after uninstall)
Than you so much for your help !