Imported Playlists Not Included in Sync nor DLNA

Post a reply

In an effort to prevent automatic submissions, we require that you complete the following challenge.
:D :) :( :o :-? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :roll: :wink:

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[flash] is OFF
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review

Expand view Topic review: Imported Playlists Not Included in Sync nor DLNA

Re: Imported Playlists Not Included in Sync nor DLNA

by erlebc » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:27 pm

Thank you Lowlander I had not considered that option and figured all of my playlists were shared but I went and checked that option and now I can synchronize it or stream it through DLNA. I appreciate the prompt response and I love mediamonkey thank you very much.

Re: Imported Playlists Not Included in Sync nor DLNA

by Lowlander » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:17 pm

Did you share the Playlist in the Media Server settings (Tools > Options Media Sharing) on PC B?

Imported Playlists Not Included in Sync nor DLNA

by erlebc » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:44 pm

I run MediaMonkey on several Windows Desktop/Laptop computers, but draw the music from a single 'source' Mediamonkey server. That Version of MediaMonkey is The OS is Windows 10 (Computer B). On some occasions I will have created a Playlist with MediaMonkey on a different computer (Computer A), and then to get this Playlist from Computer A to Computer B I will first select the Playlist on Computer A, and then right click and select Send To -> M3U/XSPF Playlist, and then I save it physically on Computer B. I then attempt to ensure that the relative file paths are either accurate or make Edits with a Tool like Notepad to the paths for Computer B so MediaMonkey knows where the Music is. Once that is completed I then use MediaMonkey on Computer B to Scan in the Playlist. It does so successfully into the Imported Playlist folder. I then use MediaMonkey to drag the playlist out of the 'Imported Playlists' object and under the 'Playlist' object. This newly imported and moved Playlist on Computer B plays fine, and I have no trouble with MediaMonkey locally recognizing this new playlist.

With all of that set up, the problem comes now when you want to either Synchronize this playlist to an Android Device, or share/stream the Playlist via DLNA. I have the MM for Android release on my LG G3 device. When you examine the Sync Options to synchronize from the Server from the 'AutoSync Server Content' menu all of the Playlists from Computer B are present except for that newly imported Playlist which was moved. I have restarted the computer, and reset devices, etc. to try and ensure all was in sync.

I have also used a couple of DLNA streaming methods (One with ROKU 2 and ROKU 3 devices with the ROKU Media Play App, and Two - the built in DLNA server on my Onkyo Network Receiver) Neither DLNA Client shows the Imported and Moved Playlist I reference above.

I'm wondering if this is a bad procedure to move playlists between MM databases, a bug, a feature, odd behavior, or other. Ideas, suggestions, or other input is welcome. Thank You.