Well OK then:
2 things about esthetics:
- anti-aliasing would be nice: this would smooth the animation (less "flickering" of details) (maybe not necessary if you resample the images)
- resample images instead of resizing them (less "blocks" on small images that are enlarged, and less "flickering" of details on larger images that are reduced)
1 thing about functionality:
- black wet floor probably looks the best, but maybe people want to be able to (optionally) set another color, if that fits better with the things around your widget
2 things about animation/control:
- a wider "animation-stop" cursor zone (in the middle) would be handier, as now you have to aim very hard to bring the animation to a stop.
- a (smoother) transition between slow-fast, left-right movements would be nicer to look at, and it would make the widget better controllable.
- do you plan to use your work for other things, like to show covers in MediaMonkey?
- how about other animations, like iTunes' CoverFlow?
1 general question:
This should keep you busy