Peke wrote:I'm open to suggestions on solutions.
You don't need to invent a wheel, it is enough to see how other media organizers have that realized. There are two main things which such applications have already implement:
1. Open Database -> a possibility to open the specified database, it should replace the current one from the memory, in same way as you open a document in some application which allows work with single document, e.g. Notepad; I bet that implementation of this could be very easy;
2. Import/Export Database -> this is a possibility to import/export some tracks (according to some specified filter, not necessarily related to the current Collection) and/or some other data (Playhistory, Playlists, ...) between some external database and the current (opened) one; it is not big deal either, even my Restore Playhistory/Date Added/Playlists has part of that;
There is one thing which I haven't seen so far in some media organizer (I haven't tested them recently):
3. Open Database into new Tab -> a possibility to open multiple databases in the same time and work with them simultaneously as you work with several documents in e.g. Word; well, this is the hardest one.
I need the first option, but I suppose that there are many users wanting the second and third options either. So, if you want to make a poll, it could contain this:
- I want an option to open specified database instead of the current (default) one;
- I want an option to import/export tracks and/or data from/to specified database;
- I want an option to open several databases in the same time;
- I don't want to see such options implemented because... (please specify a reason in the thread).
However, I don't know what is a point of the new polls if you don't even consider the existing ones. Here is the poll "Ability to show all Tabs Toolbar even only single Tab is used
". Have you implemented the solution with the largest number of votes? No, you implemented a solution with the smallest number of votes instead.