Access errors on adding to playlist (and other things)

Post a reply


In an effort to prevent automatic submissions, we require that you complete the following challenge.
Smilies
:D :) :( :o :-? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :roll: :wink:

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[flash] is OFF
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: Access errors on adding to playlist (and other things)

Re: Access errors on adding to playlist (and other things)

by psychoadept » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:54 pm

I ended up not testing it last night, because in the meantime I discovered Music Bee and have switched to it because it fits my needs much better out-of-the-box than MediaMonkey. But I wanted to say thanks for the help while I wrestled with MediaMonkey, especially to Lowlander. The amount of new user support you do on this forum is astounding.

Re: Access errors on adding to playlist (and other things)

by psychoadept » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:19 pm

Yeah, that came to me at the end of the thought process. I'll do it tonight, thanks. :)

Re: Access errors on adding to playlist (and other things)

by Lowlander » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:02 am

Maybe you should try disabling the addon and see if that resolves the access errors. If it does you can still create a debug log (step 4b) and send it to support with the addon re-enabled: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69

Access errors on adding to playlist (and other things)

by psychoadept » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:05 am

Ever since I started using the debug mode, which was a few builds ago (1508, maybe - but continues to current), I've been seeing frequent access errors, especially when I'm trying to add tracks to a playlist (which may be because that's most of what I'm doing, not because that's a specific trigger).

The message is always along these lines: "Access violation at address 00A3A222 in module 'MediaMonkey.exe'. Read of address 0000000C." I sent in the most recent debug log.

I have two tabs open: one for now playing, the other with a playlist that I am going through and transferring tracks from into other playlists. It will be fine for a while, and then this will happen. It will continue to happen for any track that I try to move into another playlist. The solution, which makes no sense to me, is to switch tabs and switch back. Then I can continue until it happens again.

It MAY be related to the Playlists in Main Window add-on. I say this because I also get that type of error when I'm changing the add-on settings (but with different numbers). Specifically, it often happens when I expand any of the playlists that have nested playlists in the Options screen. Whatever the error is, it doesn't actually stop me from doing anything. The nested playlists still appear and the add-on continues to work fine.

Top