Windows 10 64 bit and MediaMonkey 4.1.15 or 4.1.16
This problem has only occured about 5 times in the last year.
I was working on the file location tree. I batch converted a directory of MP3 files to OGG files. The conversion took place and there were no error messages.
I then edited the tags and everything looked ok. The next step was to use auto-organize to rename the files using the updated tag information. When I did this I got the following error message. Clicking yes just brings up the error again.
The next step was to try and play the file to see if it was corrupted. When I did this I got the following error message.
At this point I decided to restrat MediaMonkey to see if that cleared the problem. As MM started up I got the following error message.
On a previous time I had this error I found that MM was not updating the tags in the file. After updating the file tags if you did a rescan on the directory the problem file would show the old tag information. In other words MM was updating the database but failing to update the tags in the actual file.
On a previous occasion I found that refreshing tags using Mp3tag solved the issue. I suspect that the taggs were damaged on the file that was causing problems.
I decided to give Mp3tag a try but on saving the tags back to the file I got this error.
I decided to look at the file using Unlocker to see if an app was keeping the file locked but Unlocker did not find any Locking handle.
I was forced to log out and log back in before everything returned to normal. Auto-organize worked again and there were no issues playing the file.