Hi MCSmarties (and also others),
i apologize fo answering very late. During the last days i found some time to carry out some test procedures of my script together with the newest build of MM3.1. I even just downloaded Build 184.108.40.2061 and made another test. Though i still have to test some more, here are my first results:
- Though there seem to be some small issues, the script (still version 2.2) mostly works quite fine on my system (Windows XP professional SP3, German, .NET 1.1; 2.0; 3.0 and 3.5, MS Office 2003). I mentioned the Office and .NET version as they might have installed some system libraries and functions which might have an influence on scripting but i am not very familiar with these effects. I must admit, that i usually install and deinstall a lot of different kind of software products. From time to time I reinstall an almost clean harddrive image. Thus i am not always sure about a defintive system status.
- When using the script, an error occurs, if you select the 'tags to be copied...' button in the window with the source and destination list. This is already fixed in version 2.3.
- When pasting tags to a list of new files, i noticed that the albumart of the source file is just copied to the first destination file.
- Though i selected the 'refresh view after copy process' option, i didn't get a refresh view in most times. So it seems that there is a new timing problem but i have to do some more testing to prove this.
Are you still getting these error messages?
Error happened during script execution: Invalid procedure call or argument: "Mid"
Error happened during script execution: Input past end of file
Concerning the 'MID' error. In an earlier version gege got the following error
Code: Select all
Error #5 - Microsoft VBScript runtime error
Invalid procedure call or argument: 'Mid'
File: "C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey3\Scripts\Auto\CopyTags.vbs", Line: 1100, Column: 2
In version 2.1 gege got the same error but deleted the inifile section and then it worked. I don't know why this error occurs but maybe this also solves your problem.
Meanwhile i also had a look at Bex's script 'Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix' which is amazing as all of his scripts. Concerning the copy function of meta data i noticed that this seems to work only in one MM instance (please correct me if i am wrong). As i usually work with two instances of the programm i can't use this script because i don't want to change source and destination view within one instance every time. But of course this is just the way i work and thus i developed a script which fits to this workflow.