How To Revert To Previous Issues Of MediaMonkey

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

plain

How To Revert To Previous Issues Of MediaMonkey

Post by plain »

I looked around and can't find instructions on reverting MediaMonkey to a prior version. Can someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction? Thanks!
rivorson

Re: How To Revert To Previous Issues Of MediaMonkey

Post by rivorson »

Previous versions can be downloaded here:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... &start=315
rusty

Post by rusty »

Can I ask why you want to revert? 4.1.16 has numerous improvements over 4.1.15.

Thanks.

-Rusty
plain

Post by plain »

Hi Rusty! Yes. MMW now does not continue a song if I have the song paused for several minutes. I don't know exactly the time-out because the times it has refused to continue a song I have had it paused for more than 30 minutes but MMW did not do this previously so I was going to go back till this gets fixed. Now, I have to close MMW and reopen then the song will start. A little thing but very frustrating for me. While I am here, do I have to uninstall newer versions to go back to previous? I really don't want to get too complicated. Even though this is an annoyance it may not be worth reverting to an earlier version. Thanks!
AlanH

Post by AlanH »

Hi,

Just install the version you want over the top of your existing installation, no need to update to the latest version to downgrade.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I regularly have MediaMonkey paused for hours and don't experience this. The only issue I've run into is that sometimes MediaMonkey will play what's in cache and then switch to next song instead of finishing the paused song. However my files reside on the network and an network interruption likely has occurred at some point during pause.
plain

Post by plain »

Alright then Thanks for the help. Lowlander, if MMW doesn't do this pause thing for you I am going to try and reinstall the latest version and see if that helps. Will it help? That is, have you ever reinstalled MediaMonkey and had it correct issues? Anyway. I'm trying it now. Thanks!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It could. However you may want to try a different Output Plugin, make sure the correct Audio Device is selected and updating Audio Device drivers: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... -corrupted
plain

Post by plain »

Thanks for sticking with me on this. So I paused MediaMonkey for about 3 hours and came back. Restarted - in other words mashed the button that shows MediaMonkey to be paused - and nothing. Strange... though it seems MediaMonkey doesn't recognize I have hit the button since the little equalizer window next to the command buttons does not undulate ... as if the program never gets commanded to restart the song. Does that help explain my problem better? I have tried pausing-restarting after a few minutes and all is well but not good for longer time periods. I did 'reinstall' MediaMonkey by running the executable earlier today before I started this test. I did not uninstall MediaMonkey though.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You could attempt from the MediaMonkey tray icon.

You can capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69 The developers will look into it.