[Help] Library -> Location always raise Out of memory Err

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

iNova

[Help] Library -> Location always raise Out of memory Err

Post by iNova »

Hi,
I am a new user of Media Monkey and when I imported my songs into the Library and browsed it in Location folder, it always raised the :
22018:[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Out of memory error. I followed the instructions in Bug report forum but still the same.
My System configuration is:
Microsoft Windows XP SP2 English version.(No need to update the JET & MDAC)
I installed the Office 2003 English version with Access also and even the .NET Framework 1.1.
My MediaMonkey version is 2.5.2.951, the latest version downloaded from the your website(Standard version).
So without the Local database I could use the search function. Could anyone give me some advice? Thank you.
julzcompufreek

Post by julzcompufreek »

Does it work with the new release candidate release found in the Beta Testing Forum? Try it out, its a release candidate and should be pretty safe, just make sure you back up your database.
Julian aka julzcompufreek
"Dancing is a contact sport; football is a Hitting sport." - Vince Lombardi
Visit My Blog - http://kompufreak.wordpress.com
iNova

Is there a limitation for the MediaMonkey access database?

Post by iNova »

Hi julzcompufreek,
Thank you for your suggestion, I tried version 2.5.3.954 found in the Test Forum and re-imported my music. A strange thing happened.
If I only added several files into my library, it's ok but when I wanted to load all my songs (>1000 files), out of memory occurred. So is it possible that a database limitation for the MediaMonkey? So I could not load all the files.
Do anyone add thousands of files like I did?
jiri

Post by jiri »

No, MM can handle much larger libraries. This seems to be a problem in you MDAC configuration - which is however very hard to correct, unless you reinstall your PC. :(

Jiri
iNova

Post by iNova »

Hehe, I don't think so, I just reinstalled my PC.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

If I were you, I'd try to update/repair JET & MDAC anyway.

A story to illustrate:
Last weekend, our home computer lost all!! script functionality.
That means: no Configuration Panel, no Software Uninstall, no System Restore, no Windows Update, ... (they all depend on Scripting).
I reinstalled Scripting Runtimes 5.6 (also normally no need to update) and everything was back ok.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
iNova

Post by iNova »

Hey, I downloaded the JET 4 but when I installed it I was informed that my version in my OS was the latest one. For the MDAC, since my Windows is not authorized I could not update the MDAC from microsoft so I downloaded the MDAC 2.8 from the internet but got this error:

MDAC 2.8 RTM is incompatible with the version of Windows. All of its
feature are currently part of Windows.

Thanks.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

iNova wrote:since my Windows is not authorized.
well there you have it.

MS put a stop to all pirated stuff getting updated.

they also have a little known web spider that goes around looking for systems with illegal copies of windows or windows applications.

when it finds any it then removes them from the system and will cause
crashes in systems with authorized os's but have pirtated app's thus making your system need rebooted.

i know, because that is what happened to me i had to reinstall last jan. after they found office in my computer that i had got from a cdrom from my other sister it was hers and not mine and she is 1500 miles from me.

since they found her number in my system they killed my system. which was not very nice of them i was just trying to see what my sister needed help on..

okay so i did not take it out after i was done? so i was just keeping it for when she needed help again in a year or maybe 3 years?

but i am sure you will be in lots of trouble shortly. since you went there and tried to update they now know your computer number.

so watch the errors start comning to your system even faster then before.
and make sure you got back ups of your major system files because you will need them, if they make your system need reformating.

i hope you and others can learn from my pain but all i can do is tell you
i can not make you learn.

:-?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
iNova

Post by iNova »

I know, I think I have to use back to iTunes which uses the XML Format to store the song information but it costs a lot of memory.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Getting correct versions of JET and MDAC is possible, but they'd best be installed on a system where they (or older versions of them) are first uninstalled. But that's quite a lot of trouble and we don't even know that these are causing the problem.

Stupid question maybe: do you have enough available memory (available physical memory, don't count virtual memory)?

What might help is a debug log of MediaMonkey (with debug version of MM and DbgView debug logger). See "How to report a bug": http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=69
Make a debug log from ODBC too: Windows > Control Panel > System Managment > Data Sources (ODBC) ---> tab Trace > "Start Trace Now" (select log file destination)
Once you've set up the debug stuff, run MediaMonkey_debug, do what causes the error and save&send the debug logs.

Hopefully you can solve your problem, as it (will) maybe happen(s) with other apps too.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Open the database in access and run the compact and repair database function (somewhere in the tools > database utilities menu if I'm not mistaken). See if that solves any problems. Maybe the database is just corrupt which is not uncommon for MS Access.
iNova

Post by iNova »

My memory storage is 512M and this is my last item(Error) of tracing result when occurred the Out of memory error.

MediaMonkey_Deb 2e4-e68 EXIT SQLSetStmtAttrW with return code 0 (SQL_SUCCESS)
SQLHSTMT 03A02C20
SQLINTEGER 6 <SQL_ATTR_CURSOR_TYPE>
SQLPOINTER 0x00000001 (BADMEM)
SQLINTEGER -5

Is that mean that my physical memory is bad? Thanks.