MM using 100% system resources

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

tinana
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: new orleans los angeles

MM using 100% system resources

Post by tinana » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:23 am

Hiya guys.

I installed the SqrSoft plugin over the weekend and it was too much of a drain in my computer's system resources so I went back in my 'preferences' and chose the output plugin I was using before.

However, MM is still at 100% even after this change. What I didn't do was delete the SqrSoft plugin, just un-checked it and restarted MM, thinking that if the plugin were inactive, the problem would go away. And of course, it didn't.

Would SqrSoft's presence in my plugins folder be the culprit?

Steegy
Posts: 3452
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:17 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by Steegy » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:58 am

To be sure, just rename the plugin from "out_sqr.dll" to e.g. "out_sqr.dll_bak" and restart MediaMonkey. If you still have the problem, then it's not this plugin that causes the trouble.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).

tinana
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: new orleans los angeles

Post by tinana » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:56 pm

Ah, ok, I'll give that a try. I'm hoping that'll do the trick as it's a plugin I can do without.

rovingcowboy
Posts: 14153
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 7:57 am
Location: (Texas)
Contact:

Post by rovingcowboy » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:52 pm

what is your system give us some details and maybe we can figure out if anything else would be causing it.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. Proscan tablet Android 4.3 ) 7. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

tinana
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: new orleans los angeles

Post by tinana » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:55 pm

Ah yes, sorry, I should've done that the first time but I thought the problem honestly was with out_sqr and would be easier to fix...I actually did try renaming the plugin and then restarting MM, then I deleted it and restarted, and my system resources still are still at 100% when MM's running.

I'm at work at the moment but I'll post my system config when I get home ...in the meantime I downloaded the debug programs this morning and will try to figure out how they work this afternoon, too.

I love MM (Gold member) and the scripts I've integrated into it, I'd hate to have to start deleting and reinstalling stuff at this point.

Steegy
Posts: 3452
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:17 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by Steegy » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:42 pm

Other things to check:
- Have you recently installed other plugins/scripts for MM that could cause this 100% CPU (with scripts I mean auto-scripts).
- Did you already try if rebooting fixes the problem?
- If not, maybe there's a MM instance still (invisibly) running in the background. You can see that "MediaMonkey.exe" in the "Processes" tab when you use Ctrl+Alt+Del or Ctrl+Shift+Esc.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).

tinana
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: new orleans los angeles

Post by tinana » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:50 pm

Ah, ok Steegy, I'll check all of the above, too. I don't think I've recently installed any auto-scripts, but I'll definitely have a look at that and also pay attention to your other suggestions as well.

tinana
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: new orleans los angeles

Post by tinana » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:28 pm

Ah....thanks Steegy and rovingcowboy.

I tried all of the above....rebooting seemed to have done the trick. *blush*

Steegy
Posts: 3452
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:17 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by Steegy » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:34 pm

No problem.

Tip for everyone:
- When you have a problem with a program, first see if restarting that program fixes the problem.
-- If not, then try if rebooting the computer fixes the problem.
--- If not, then search help to fix the program.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).

Post Reply