Problem with accented/non standard letters

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

durden999uk

Problem with accented/non standard letters

Post by durden999uk »

I'm sorry if this has been addressed before - I've done a search and had a trawl but without any results.

I am having problems with files that are labeled with accented letters or non standard letters, for example...

Anything from Ænima by Tool, anything from Ágætis Byrjun by Sigur Rós, basically anything with non standard english characters. The problems include the files being unable to be tagged with album art, continuously losing pieces of their ID tags on restart of MM, and strange residual files when I re-organise my collection (e.g. the same file with an .xxxxx extention (wtf? I've never seen that before) or files that aer only 16kb and contain partial titles of the original .mp3 file, and the rest garbled characters). I hope this is a common problem easily solved. I'm a gold member and love MM, so I hope this problem can be solved without me manually removed all non standard characters in my 4,000 song collection (modest by some standards, but would still be a job I don't fancy doing!)

Thanks,
Ben
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Make sure that in the options > Tags & PLaylists the unicode (utf-16) option is selected for ID3V2 text encoding.

If that doesn't work, what filetypes are you using, what Windows version and language are you using? Did you enter the non-standard tags yourself in MediaMonkey after ripping or do the songs come from another applications or an online source? MediaMonkey works with non-standard tags.
durden999uk

Post by durden999uk »

Thanks for your response Lowlander - I have cured the problem, but I had to uninstall MM and delete the MM folder from my music folder. Once I reinstalled, the problem disappeared. I haven't got a clue what happened, but who cares now my precious Monkey is working again!