Question about finding duplicates

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Lady_Gerbil

Question about finding duplicates

Post by Lady_Gerbil »

Let's say I have the following duplicate files in my library:

Rue the Day - Walkmen
Rue the Day - The Walkmen

One artist has "the," the other does not. Will this show up as duplicate files? In other words, does MM consider "the" as part of the name of a band (or a song, I guess) when looking for duplicates?

Thank you :)
Lady Gerb
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

My experience in the use of duplicates reflects that MM picks out duplicate titles, so yes, it would disclose those duplicates.
Regards,

Scooter
Registered Lifetime Gold Licensee
Since 2006

Custom RAID Workstation > Focusrite I/O > 1g Cat6 Network > Adcom Preamp > Vandersteen Crossover > Adcom Power Amp > Vandersteen 3 Speakers > Vandersteen 2wq Subwoofer
Lady_Gerbil

Post by Lady_Gerbil »

I did a test, and it doesn't appear to be the case... MM did not catch
Apology Song - The Decemberists
and
Apology Song - Decemberists

So, does the "Duplicate Titles" function looks for songs with the same artist AND same song name? Hmm... :-?
Bex

Post by Bex »

Yes it has to be the same artist and song name.
But check out the "Duplicate Content node" it finds true duplictes based on the content and not the tags. You must however select "Analyse tracks for duplicates (takes extra time)" in Tools->Options->Library and rescan your collection, unless it wasnt selected.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts