Newbie: Ratings Audio leveling

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Nakaleen

Newbie: Ratings Audio leveling

Post by Nakaleen »

Hello, I am a newbie to not only MediaMonkey but also WMP (11 Beta2) as before now I mahve always been a Winamp person.

The reasion for the change is that I am getting a iRiver Clix or a Creative Vision Zen M (for album art, ratings, syncing with MM or WMP)

Now I have spend all weekend tagging all my mp3 collection (and finding album art ect...) using mainly MM, I have a couple of newbie questions.

Ratings: If I set up ratings on MM or WMP to they transfer to each other? I am not too sure if ratings are in the tag? (I am keen to try out auto playlists based on ratings (or others, like songs I listen to lately)

Audio Leveling: When I use MM to sync, I am wondering if it can do audio leveling before it send the files to the portable player?

Since I haven't got the Clix of CVZ-M I can't test MM or WMP to see which one I will stick with (MM is ahead with all the functions while WMP has good eye candy)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

To start I advice to only use one application for managing music as there always some compatibility issues.

It seems that WMP11 understand MM ratings, I haven't tried the reverse. Ratings are stored in tags for MP3's (other file types I don't know) if you tell MediaMonkey to update tags when editing tracks (Options > Tags & Playlists).

As far as auto-leveling on sync, that isn't available, but several users have requested this feature.

As for your decision you might want to wait till MM 3.0 is released as it promises more functionality, but also seems that it will improve on the eye candy.