Import from itunes 7 - some album art not showing in mm

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

cadiolis

Import from itunes 7 - some album art not showing in mm

Post by cadiolis » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:55 pm

I foolishly upgraded to itunes 7 when it came out. The only good thing it did was go through my whole library and download album art. I installed mm for the first time the other day in my quest to find a non-bloated media player and it imported all my music from itunes.

The problem is that half of my album art does not display in mm. I have searched the forum and haven't found anyone with the exact same problem. Some albums have their album art, some albums do not display the art, some albums show art for some songs but not for others. I haven't been able to find any specific rhyme or reason to the problem.

I don't want to go through my entire library and re-download all the art as that would be a huge pain in butt. If I do do this, will there be double art stored in some songs?

Steegy

Post by Steegy » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:49 am

Can you try e.g. Mp3Tag to see if the Album Art is correctly shown for all files? If it is, then it's a MM problem. If it isn't, then iTunes is in fault.

You can see all album art for a song by viewing its Song Properties > Album Art (right-click the song and choose Properties).
If you want to copy the album art from one song to all songs in the same album, just go to the Album Art properties for that song, make sure that "Apply on all tracks of the same album" is checked, and then click an arrow button on the bottom of the dialog. Now, the other songs in the same album should have the same album art.

Cheers
Steegy
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).

bbrodka

Post by bbrodka » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:13 pm

I tried using Iunes 7 for artwork too, only to find out that Itunes does not save artwork in the tags but in it's own format in a file folder that is useless to anything but Itunes