Two usage questions

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Two usage questions

Post by Guest »

I have two questions:

1.) There are many tracks within MediaMonkey that are low bitrate (64 bit and/or 96 bitrate) but also some that are 128 bit and above that say the track length is under a minute when that's not the case. Is this a bug or is there some way to fix this?

2.) Is it possible to rename files on my hard drive? For example, when I buy an album and download it the filename is something like artist - track name. Can I add all other information that I want and then rename it on my hard drive to put it into my normal format of artist - album - track # - track title?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) If a file displays the wrong information like time or bitrate the files tags might be corrupt. You can send a problem file to support at mediamonkey.com for analysis.

2) Check out the Auto-Organize Files feature, it can rename files based on tags and even manage a folder structure based on the tags. Help on this feature can be found in the help.

Post by Guest »

Ok, that does it...this is undeniably the best music player out there!! I LOVE MEDIAMONKEY!!
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

You can try VBR Fix for those files that appear to have messed up bitrates/times.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

I wouldn't modify your file. Better try another mp3-decoder. This one is much more stable and has some additional features:

Try the in_mpg123 plugin from otachan, which you can download here: http://home.pages.at/big_berny/in_mpg123.zip

Just extract it into the plugin folder, it should be activated automatically since its name is in_!mpg123.dll ("!" is load first). Here it works. To uninstall it simply delete the this file.
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

I've been using the lastest MAD plugin with no issues lately.