Import playcounts from iTunes

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

monitoringpost

Import playcounts from iTunes

Post by monitoringpost »

I'm looking for some feedback from those users who have imported from iTunes - more specifically as it relates to playcounts. I don't use iTunes but I'm exploring the possibility of using it in conjunction with my Roku SoundBridge.

When performing a rescan does the option to import playcounts from iTunes increment or replace the playcount in MM?

Thanks

- M
Roku M1001 v3.0.52 beta | R1000 v3.0.52 beta
XBMC vPre2.1 SVN rev13360
NAS: Maxtor SS+ v2.6.2-openmss1-rc2
Linux Server: Firefly svn-1586-1 mipsel pkg
Router: Linksys WRT54GS
MediaMonkey v3.2.5.1306 | iRock Remote on iPhone
... and one kick ass rig!

shicaca

Post by shicaca »

I, personally, am trying to find the option to do this at all. I can't find it!

I just used iTunes ?6? ?7? ... whichever they're on. They introduced a great 'find all album art' feature. As with others, it still gets it wrong, but it didn't ask me a question, was absolutely unobtrusive, etc. I just need to get this stuff back into MM b/c I'm pretty sure it's NOT stored in the MP3 from what iTunes did with the folders
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

When running add/rescan tracks MediaMonkey will ask at the end to import from iTunes and WMP if they are installed. Those applications will need to be installed as MediaMonkey will get the data from their databases (not the songs).

Play data is not stored in the tags of files, it stored in database of the respective applications that keep track.

I don't know if MediaMonkey adds play counts to existing play count or replaces the value, I assume the first.