adding track breaks to a continuous mp3. file

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

bill13

adding track breaks to a continuous mp3. file

Post by bill13 »

i am curious if there is any way to add track breaks and tags to an mp3 complete cd that is currently listed as one 81 mb track. an explanation of the procedure using your MM software would be appreciated.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

please explain farther for us thank you?

are you doing this with a 81 mb song like a live concert?

or do you have the cd ripped as one long file with different songs?

i dont think you can do either with media monkey?

how ever there is a freeware MP3 Editor on the internet some place. i seen it once the guy also made the free wav edtor and had both on the same page for downloading.

but you can use the mp3 editor to split the live concert in to parts where it would be logical to split it and you can also use it to split up the cd file so you can get the different songs in to their own file.

but you can if all done by the same artist, use media monkey to make the tags with. you just select the songs then click the properties button then fill in the information that can be used on every song and click the ok button. and it will add in all the information to each song file.

you will need to go to each one and add the title and the file name.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Lowlander

Some help

Post by Lowlander »

MM can't edit tracks. This means it can't add silences, split tracks ect. You'll need to look for another program to do that. These features might be added in a future version and they are on the wishlist. But I don't think we'll see it soon.

Tags are stored per file and as this is one file you can only edit one set of tags. I'm not even sure if there is any program out there that can save multiple sets of tags to one file, for that you probably want to split.

I hope this helped
nilspils

Post by nilspils »

NERO Burning Rom is a software for CD-burning. They have added a little program called "Nero Wave Editor" which you can use to split a MP3's, WAV etc. into small pieces, fade in/out, change volum etc.

I got this software togheter with a CD-burner i bought, and it seems to work well for your purpose. Just a tip.... :wink: