CD Labels

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Lorraine

CD Labels

Post by Lorraine » Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:12 am

How do I using Media Monkey generate CD lables which automatically include all available tag info for the tracks? Now what I am doing to exporting Media Monkey cd playlists to MusicMatch and making no very good lables there. I was going to buy the MusicMatch lable kit, but thought I'd first find out what you guys do so that I don't have to go through the hassle.

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Sat Apr 03, 2004 9:57 am

Well MM has no label making tool included. You could export lists and import them in a label maker. Or you could export lists in excel and use it to make labels. Probably neither will be as easy as a label maker build in.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

Llama (no relation)

Here's a fast way to do it.

Post by Llama (no relation) » Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:41 pm

This is the best way I have found to get quick CD Labels once you have burned an Audio CD from a set of MP3 files in a Playlist.

1. Take the playlist and save it as a regular, standalone M3U file. Choose File -> Export to Playlist. Save it to someplace you can easily drag from. I like the Desktop.

2. Open Nero Express. (I KNOW you have Nero 5.x after all.)

3. Choose Music-> Audio CD from the main Nero Express menu.

4. Drag the Playlist you created in Step 1 into the Nero Express "Add Files" Window. The files get imported, but don't worry, we aren't going to burn ANOTHER disc.

5. Click the "More" button and then click "Cover Designer." Click OK from the resulting dialog box.

6. Nero Cover Designer opens. Choose a Template from the Wizard. I like "Audio_Classic" myself.

7. The Template opens. Click the "Disk 1" Tab at the bottom of the Window. LOOK AT THAT! There's your list of songs.

8. Use Nero Cover Designer as you wish to make the label pretty. If you are using Printable CDs and are lucky enough to have a CD-compatible printer like an EPSON Stylus Photo 960 (like I do, heh heh) you can print this directly on your CD without the need for a label. How cool is that?

Though I wrote this as 8 steps, trust me here; doing all this takes less than a minute the first time you do it. I've got it down to 20 seconds.

-Llama (no relation)

redelephant

Re: CD Labels

Post by redelephant » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:07 pm

Llama (no relation) - if you're still out there 5 years on - many thanks.

I find it frustrating that MM doesn't have a label maker / cover designer, and I was struggling to find a way of getting a MM playlist into a label maker. You have solved my problem. Brilliant! :D :D

And well done the forum folks for keeping going a thread that is so old - but still useful (just like me...)