Various artists for a track

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

rafo2001

Various artists for a track

Post by rafo2001 »

Wath about mamging duets (for example) where there are more than one artist.

I have a track (for example) with Miguel Bosse featuring Julieta Venegas.

And i wish to have the same track listed under "Miguel Bosse" and under "Julieta Venegas"

In WMP it works placing a colon (,) bettwen the boot artist, but in mediamonkey i can not make it work.

Any help????

Thanks
Bex

Post by Bex »

Multiple field values is implemented in MM3 :D

You find it, currently in alpha stage, in the beta forum!
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
rafo2001

Post by rafo2001 »

Thanks a lot.
latinmusiclover

Re: Various artists for a track

Post by latinmusiclover »

rafo2001 wrote:Wath about mamging duets (for example) where there are more than one artist.

I have a track (for example) with Miguel Bosse featuring Julieta Venegas.

And i wish to have the same track listed under "Miguel Bosse" and under "Julieta Venegas"
I seperate multiple artists with a "," or use whatever is listed on the album -- "with", "con", "y", "and", "&", etc. If the artists is a "featured artist", I insert ", ft. " between the names. I do this consistently so that if I ever use software that allows a secondary field "Feature Artist" or "Secondary Artist" I can quickly search and update the database.

By having both names in the Artist field, I can quickly locate either by searching for the artist.

I would list your example as "Miguel Bosse, ft. Julieta Venegas" and search for either on the Artist filed.