MM Video Plug-in Issues

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

swears

MM Video Plug-in Issues

Post by swears »

So I got the video plug-in from the add-on site.

Now I can play Video files =)

But, half of the movies are played upside down, and I can't get them to play fullscreen. When I double click for full screen, most of the screen is black and a little corner is the video.

Sorry if this is duplicate, but I couldn't find a post that helped me out.

Any help please?

Thanks.
Peke

Post by Peke »

It is plugin and Codec settings issue not MMs.
Recheck Codec settings or reinstall codecs to fix.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
carla_d

Re: MM Video Plug-in Issues

Post by carla_d »

Hi there, I know this is an old thread, but I have this problem too.

I have no doubt that it is codec issues, but it is codecs that I downloaded directly from your website which caused the problem: http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/brows ... odec-pack/

So please could you help me fix this? I purchased the Gold version of MediaMonkey last week in the hope of avoiding problems like this, but instead I've now got a version of licensed MediaMonkey + official MM codecs which are basically useless :(

Thank you.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Have you tried to reinstall K-Lite Codec Packs?
Best regards,
Peke
carla_d

Post by carla_d »

No. Should I remove the official MM ones first, or just install the K-lite pack as well?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
No Uninstall Just install regular kLite Codec Pack https://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm
Best regards,
Peke
carla_d

Post by carla_d »

Thanks, but unfortunately that hasn't fixed it. MM still displays videos upsidedown that are the right way up in other players. And if I use MM to convert from one file type to another (e.g. from 3gp which my phone produces to avi in preparation for uploading to Facebook) it also seems to turn videos upsidedown irrevocably. In other words, if I use MM to do the conversion, the file is now upsidedown no matter which software I watch it with.

Given that the two reasons I purchased MM was to rip mp3s and do this very basic video editing, this is pretty frustrating to have spent the money and not to be able to do one of them.

Any other ideas for how I could fix this?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Playback Video Mirroring is options in setting, I wonder how you managed to enable it. Do you have Codec Options icon next to Clock (lower right) and can you access codec settings while video play in MMW?
Best regards,
Peke
carla_d

Post by carla_d »

I don't know, I certainly didn't change any of the settings intentionally - maybe the installation of the license (which I bought recently) or codecs flipped a switch somehow?

In the System Tray I have something called "LAV splitter" which is new since I installed the Codecs, but to be honest I hadn't noticed it arrive there until you told me to look for it. I can't see any options within that called 'Playback Video Mirroring' or anything like it.

When I play a video, where am I meant to be able to edit codec settings from? Under Tools/Options/Player I can see some option headings that look promising, but still can't see anything called 'Playback Video Mirroring'

Thanks,
Carla