File Monitor problem and duplicates?

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

tinana

File Monitor problem and duplicates?

Post by tinana » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:50 pm

I'm having a problem with duplicate tracks where if I move tracks from a file-monitored folder on my c: drive to one on an external hdd, those tracks still show up as being on my c: drive and therefore in my library as dups. Shouldn't "file monitor" detect that these tracks have moved?

I've had the same problem in the past with my ipod (which has never been monitored), where every track which has ever been on there was still showing up in my library and in that way falsely upping my duplicate count. This I took care of by going to library->location and removing my ipod from there.

Do I have to remove the monitored files on my c: drive from the library/location node in order to avoid duplicates, and if so, will this make these folders no longer be monitored (I'd like them to remain so!)?

ps...I'm using the latest version of MM2 and am a gold member.
MM Gold/Lifetime member

kdo

Post by kdo » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:44 pm

In the file-monitor options there is a checkbox "remove unavailable tracks". I think it should be activated (if it's not active already.)

tinana

Post by tinana » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:53 pm

Yeah, I've had that box ticked since the beginning, but for some reason MM still doesn't remove dead files from by c: drive.
MM Gold/Lifetime member

Bundler

Post by Bundler » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:45 am

i have the same problem. it's very annoying to have so much gray text (denoting a file that can't be played) whenever i open a list to work on.
Bundler