How does MM 'do' audio and Windows kernel streaming issues?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

paulf

Re: How does MM 'do' audio and Windows kernel streaming issues?

Post by paulf »

This is such a useful thread. I've been up and down the wall trying to sort out an stable and satisfactory optical connection between my laptop's Audigy 2ZS PIMCIA card and Harman Kardon 3490 receiver. I've just bought some Monitor Audio RS8 speakers so sound quality is of great importance to me & I've not been terribly happy with most of the results I've been getting (sonic and software).

I think I'm finally there now with the AISO4all driver and the AISO plugin. I tried using the plugin with Creative's native AISO drivers but that was a partial disaster - they caused MM 3 to hang if I paused a track and then selected another to play. Now I'm using the AISO for all drivers that issue has gone - it's just that now I seem to be getting occasional crackles. I'm not sure why this would be. Anyhow, for now I think this is a good solution to all the problems I've had with the spdif/optical connection.

One question: the AISO4all is checked to "always resample 44.1 khz". I don't know what this means!

Cheers for the great thread. I'm surprised more people haven't been on here having the very same problems. Surely the audiophile and computer thing is getting bigger all the time?

Paul

Post by Guest »

Oh dear ... quick update. Media Monkey is still hanging when I've paused a track and then double click to play another track from the file selection window. Is this a problem with the AISO drivers or is it a problem with MM3?

I hope someone has some ideas!

Cheers

Post by Guest »

Oh dear. It goes on and another saturday largely lost. I thought that the ASIO4all was going to be the answer to the queston of how to get flawless music from my laptop, but no. As well as crashing MM with the pause thing it also made some horrid sounds when switching between tracks, as it cut out and cut back in again. So I changed back to using Creative's native drivers which didn't skip and pop, but then I discovered that these drivers won't play mp3s with a sample rate of 22 khz.

So now I'm I'm using the kernel streaming plugin - and although I still get the hanging on pause issue everything else seems to be OK - for now!

Cheers