send a playlist to burner

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

webrider

send a playlist to burner

Post by webrider »

Hello Lowlander,

today i tried the first time to send a created playlist to burner. Because I wasn't sure if the original files were sent to the burner I copied them back to the original folder. Now I habe them all double. So can I be sure for the future, that when I send files to burn them they will be copied? Is that so? So I do not send original files from my folder and will loose them.

Annother question. When I want to play my playlist, is there also a modus like random play? I didn't find anything, only playing one title of the other was played.

Regards webrider
Peke

Post by Peke »

webrider,
You can use my Virtual Recording CD to see how files will look on your burned CD.

You Can find it on: http://peke.narod.ru

Note: If you use sync function in MM you can manage how CD Structure Will look.

Use play/Shufle for random play.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'm not exactly sure how burning is done, but I can tell you that there is work being done on an integrated burner for MM.

Random play of songs in a playlist can be achieved by shuffle or randomize. Shuffle can be found in the play menu and randomize in the edit menu of the Now Playing window.
webrider

to burn mp3-files

Post by webrider »

Thanks Lowlander for your Info. Random play now I found, thanks your help.

But with burning CDs I'm still not sure how to do. For example I create a playlist and this playlist then I want to burn. A playlist I'm told are not copied mp3-files, but only links. But what happen then, if I want to burn it. Links I cannot send to burner. And I also don't want to loose my origin mp3-files. So how is the exact way coming from a playlist to burn it on a CD/DVD. Normally I'm using NERO 6. But how to do ist. Do I have to come from Nero to burn my files, or coming from the playlist of MM?

Beside this Is there planned once to have also a german manual for MM? Then it would be easier for me too to read this infos.

Thanks in advance

webrider
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Here I'm unsure in, not a big burner.

But do you want to burn the songs on the playlist as an audio CD? Then you can just select the files on the playlist and burn a CD. The files will not be deleted.

If you want to burn the songs as data (as MP3 or WMA) including the playlist you will need to use an external burning application outside of MM itself. You'll need to read the manual on how to accomplish this.

Using a burning application outside of MM might be benificial as it probably has documentation in German. Unfortunately my German isn't that good anymore, but you could ask a question in both German and English if you feel uncomfortable with English (I advice to always include an English version as many more people can help that way).

Let us know if this helped!
webrider

burning playlist

Post by webrider »

Hi Lowlander, thanks for help, I think that the answer for my question.

Yes I want to burn the songs from a playlist as an audio CD. So I select the files and send it to the burner, right? But because the links in the playlist are only links not files, when does then MM copy the files from my original folder to the CD I want to produce?. At the moment when I send it to the burner? Because burning links does not work. Right?

Sometimes I think I'm too old for all that (55 Years ;-) But when I learnt it, then it's beautiful to work with all this things of internet and progs.

webrider
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The burner uses the links to find the file and then burn the file.

In fact your whole MM library is just links to where the files are. Playlists work the same way. But in this case you tell the burning application to burn the following files in the following locations. It will burn those files (which means convert them to audio cd format and then burn them on the disc).

Just like when your are playing songs, you feed the player the links (to the location of the song) and the player follows that link to find and play the file.

And your never too old to learn about technology. Especially when programs like MM can make such a nice use of technology (no need to keep switching CD's all day long).
webrider

Now I got it - Lowlander

Post by webrider »

Hi Lowlander, thanks so much, now it's clear for me and I got it now, how it works with the links and the files behind thanks to your Info.

Thanks al lot

webrider
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No problem