Silence within track/hidden track

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

locu

Silence within track/hidden track

Post by locu » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:41 am

Hello there,

with MM 2 you simply needed to drag the position slider for a little bit and it successfully managed to skip the entire block of silence. This is not working with MM3 and I ask myself why. Did I use some kind of plug-in with MM2 to achieve this or was it a basic feature? Even better of course would be an optional automatic skipping. I really don't want to edit all these tracks manually and remove the silence for good.

Thanks,
Matthias.

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:55 am

I'm not sure what you're asking for. There are sliders available in every skin to change track position (see here). If you want to skip silence at the beginning/ending of tracks you can do so by configuring the output plugin (available by right clicking on your player or Tools -> Options)
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

locu

Post by locu » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:15 am

Exactly, there is the option to skip silence at the beginning/ending of tracks, if I remember correctly something similar was possible for within a track semi-automatically in MM2. When you had a large piece of silence within a track, as it often happens with hidden tracks, you could simply drag the position slider a little bit and it would move on automatically until there was a signal again.

On the super-expensive walkman (or is it walkmen?) in the 90s there was a feature called blank skip, that did this job.

Thanks,
Matthias.

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:44 pm

locu wrote:Exactly, there is the option to skip silence at the beginning/ending of tracks, if I remember correctly something similar was possible for within a track semi-automatically in MM2. When you had a large piece of silence within a track, as it often happens with hidden tracks, you could simply drag the position slider a little bit and it would move on automatically until there was a signal again.

On the super-expensive walkman (or is it walkmen?) in the 90s there was a feature called blank skip, that did this job.

Thanks,
Matthias.
Oh, I'm not familiar with this feature.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

hintergrundrauschen

Post by hintergrundrauschen » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:54 pm

I just wanted to post a message to ask what you guys do with hidden tracks when I stumbled upon this thread.

I'd also appreciate this option, and since MM3 already is able to skip beginning/ending silence, this should be very easy to implement. This way the original files won't be edited, so nobody gets hurt :wink:

I just started to edit the first of my hidden files using Mp3DirectCut (cutting the silence out of the file), but that would be quite some work considering all my files 8)
Claude