Disable splash screen?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

toekneebullard

Disable splash screen?

Post by toekneebullard »

Is there a way to disable the splash screen on start up? I can't find it in the options.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
davepass

Re: Disable splash screen?

Post by davepass »

Is there a way to disable the splash screen when MM is launched by doubleclicking an associated file, say .m3u playlists?

Shouldn't this just be a simple option from a configuration menu? Branding is good, but....
JustAnotherMMUser

Post by JustAnotherMMUser »

I completely agree that this should be included in the options menu. I know you can disable it through the addition of /NoSplash but honestly, this is 2009 and every program that has a splash screen has an option to disable it. It makes MediaMonkey feel very amateurish and may prevent people from adopting it as their main jukebox. It can't be very hard for the programmers to add a "disable splash screen" option to the options menu. I love MediaMonkey, and do use it as my main jukebox, but if I'm going to convince other people to use it, there has to be common functionality included.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

but why. i spend all that time making such wonderful splash screens to match my skins. so why would you want to stop seeing them. :)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

> It makes MediaMonkey feel very amateurish

Agreed, and amazingly it substantially delays start-up.
Chris
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I don't think so, and the slower start is a bug that's being looked into.

Anyway I long ago suggested an implementation like uTorrent had where there was an advanced setting node in the Options where many hidden settings were available to changed in a simple list interface. This would make things a lot easier as there are many hidden settings in MediaMonkey.ini.
Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau »

davepass wrote:Is there a way to disable the splash screen when MM is launched by doubleclicking an associated file, say .m3u playlists?

Shouldn't this just be a simple option from a configuration menu? Branding is good, but....
I would like to know too.
chrisjj wrote:> It makes MediaMonkey feel very amateurish

I agree.
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

chrisjj wrote:> It makes MediaMonkey feel very amateurish

i don't agree. changing the splash screen allows for one to make it more personel, sure there can be some bad
images like 16 bit color's used but if they want that then its what they want.

i try to make a full skin for the main mediamonkey program and if i can change the splash screen to match the skin
then that is what i'm going to do.

and you got that backwards chrisjj, the splash screen does not slow up mediamonkey. the splash screen is shown by
mediamonkey because of mediamonkey loading something slow. if it is not there it still loads slow only you sit there and wonder what is going on. with the splash screen you at least get to see that the program is trying to load. if it takes too long then you can tell it is having trouble and you know to look for something stopping the loading which most the time, is
a background running program or the slow small cpu. some times as it was a few months ago it is a bug in mediamonkey.

but the splash screen is just a picture and is shown just like the icons so it can not slow up the program.
:)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

rovingcowboy wrote:and you got that backwards chrisjj, the splash screen does not slow up mediamonkey. the splash screen is shown by
mediamonkey because of mediamonkey loading something slow. if it is not there it still loads slow
Less slow.
Chris
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Dreadlau wrote:I would like to know too.
You're saying the above linked solution doesn't work when clicking on an M3U file: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ticleid=45
rovingcowboy wrote:if it is not there it still loads slow
Actually with out splash screen thing speed up and this has been noted by developers and I see the same here. Add the disabling of the iStuff plugins and you get one speedy monkey.
chrisjj

Post by chrisjj »

> Add the disabling of the iStuff plugins

Details please? No such plug-ins found here under Extension

> and you get one speedy monkey.

I would like that!
Chris
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Rename/delete d_iphone.dll and d_ipod.dll in the plugins folder if you don't have an iDevice.
GeraldB

Post by GeraldB »

That seemed to work. Is there anything else I can disable to gain speed?
Can't afford a signature.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

what i mean by that " still loads slow " was that it will still slow up without the splash screen when something in the background makes it slow up. which i also stated in that section you guys cut out that one line from.
and you got that backwards chrisjj, the splash screen does not slow up mediamonkey. the splash screen is shown by
mediamonkey because of mediamonkey loading something slow. if it is not there it still loads slow only you sit there and wonder what is going on. with the splash screen you at least get to see that the program is trying to load. if it takes too long then you can tell it is having trouble and you know to look for something stopping the loading which most the time, is
a background running program or the slow small cpu. some times as it was a few months ago it is a bug in mediamonkey.
:)

No Geraldb but you can run mediamonkey in higher or realtime priority. that will speed up loading. :)