Taskbar Microplayer wrong orientation

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

amosharper

Taskbar Microplayer wrong orientation

Post by amosharper » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:09 pm

Hi all,

I'm very happy with MediaMonkey, bar one thing. When using the MicroPlayer in the task bar, it decides it should be vertical rather than horizontal (I have my task bar on the left, and quite wide, rather than the bottom). Can I force the MicroPlayer to use horizontal and not vertical layout?

Thanks,

- Amos

See this screenshot for example

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:44 pm

Sorry, I don't think theres any way to make it horizontal other than having the taskbar horizontal.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

MoDementia

Post by MoDementia » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:04 pm

Dunno if this will work but you can try if you like

rename Glided.msz to Glided.zip

Delete/cut/move MicroPlayerV.ini and MicroPlayerV.mskn

rename back to Glided.msz

Logic is that if there is no Vertical player it will use the horizontal maybe :P

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:42 pm

MoDementia wrote:Dunno if this will work but you can try if you like

rename Glided.msz to Glided.zip

Delete/cut/move MicroPlayerV.ini and MicroPlayerV.mskn

rename back to Glided.msz

Logic is that if there is no Vertical player it will use the horizontal maybe :P
No, it will just use the default MicroPlayerV instead.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

MoDementia

Post by MoDementia » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:38 pm

Yeah it did :(

rovingcowboy

Re: Taskbar Microplayer wrong orientation

Post by rovingcowboy » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:52 am

amosharper wrote:Hi all,

I'm very happy with MediaMonkey, bar one thing. When using the MicroPlayer in the task bar, it decides it should be vertical rather than horizontal (I have my task bar on the left, and quite wide, rather than the bottom). Can I force the MicroPlayer to use horizontal and not vertical layout?

Thanks,

- Amos

See this screenshot for example

you need to tell us what skin your using.

and ask if the skin creator will make a wider vertical player.

i have made one in all my skins but it is only twice as wide as the horz one is high.
but the vert. does scrol the names so you can read them.
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:21 pm

Thanks for your replies, all, and your suggestion, MoDementia.
rovingcowboy wrote:you need to tell us what skin you're using.
I'm using the default (Gilded) skin.

- Amos

PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:45 pm

Try to rename Glided.msz to Glided.zip. Extract MicroPlayerH.ini and mskn from archive to any temp folder. Then rename to MicroPlayerV.ini and mskn and put it back to zip (replace original MicroPlayerV files).

For sure you should backup your original Glided.msz archive.

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:37 pm

didn't see the link for the screenshot?
Just looked at that screenshot. wholely cr....ap you can put the whole media player in that size of taskbar. well not really but there is no need to use that skinny of micro player with that wide of place to put it. you might want to look at the zune players micro player and see if nohitter151 can make it for your wide vertical taskbar.

:-?

but unless the default microplayerH skin has been made to keep the buttons in the postion no matter what the shape of the player skin then all the buttons and text areas need to be changed to vertical when you rename the microplayerH to V
and all those have to be changed in the ini file. and the seek thumb for v. has to be included in the microplayerV mskn file.

but if as said all the stuff will stay in the same locations and the skin's background is allowed to stretch then you will get the vert player with the horz.. controls.

just as simple to make it that way or make its own skin. 8)

:)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

MoDementia

Post by MoDementia » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:58 pm

PetrCBR wrote:Try to rename Glided.msz to Glided.zip. Extract MicroPlayerH.ini and mskn from archive to any temp folder. Then rename to MicroPlayerV.ini and mskn and put it back to zip (replace original MicroPlayerV files).

For sure you should backup your original Glided.msz archive.
I tried this and it didnt work, displayed correctly when resizing the task bar but only showed the next button and then nothing when i released the resize.

amosharper

Post by amosharper » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:56 am

MoDementia wrote:I tried this and it didnt work, displayed correctly when resizing the task bar but only showed the next button and then nothing when i released the resize.
Thanks for your suggestion, PetrCBR, and checking this for me, MoDementia. Any other ideas?

Thanks again,

- Amos

urhixidur

Vertical taskbar blues

Post by urhixidur » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:38 am

Same problem here (I use a wide vertical taskbar). What I would really like is for the microplayer to be a floating toolbar: that way I could put it wherever I liked. But when I try dragging it away from the taskbar, it crashes: I get a completely blank toolbar palette.
Daniel U. Thibault
a.k.a. Urhixidur
a.k.a. Seigneur Bohémond de Nicée

rovingcowboy

Re: Vertical taskbar blues

Post by rovingcowboy » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:26 pm

urhixidur wrote:Same problem here (I use a wide vertical taskbar). What I would really like is for the microplayer to be a floating toolbar: that way I could put it wherever I liked. But when I try dragging it away from the taskbar, it crashes: I get a completely blank toolbar palette.

thats what the floating player is for. :)

Re: Vertical taskbar blues

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:32 am

rovingcowboy wrote:
urhixidur wrote:Same problem here (I use a wide vertical taskbar). What I would really like is for the microplayer to be a floating toolbar: that way I could put it wherever I liked. But when I try dragging it away from the taskbar, it crashes: I get a completely blank toolbar palette.
thats what the floating player is for. :)
What floating player? The menu (the one beside the minimise/close buttons) offers only a choice between mini and micro, and scanning the Help for "floating player" turned up precisely zero hits. If there is a floating player, it is well hidden --which is a different kind of bug (a design flaw!).

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:50 pm

Floating = Mini