Ripping and Album info...

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

anon

Ripping and Album info...

Post by anon » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:25 am

Hello,

Sorry if this is an easy to answer newb question. I used to use CDex to rip all my CD's, so I know how to configure that. Since I now use MM3 to manage my library and do my syncing I figured I'd try to use it for ripping (I have a lifetime license).

When I insert a CD, windows pops up asking what I'd like to do with that CD and I select the option of Rip using MM3. It brings me to the Rip CD page, but MM3 doesn't appear to be trying to find the track info. With CDex there was a button to push to go find that data before ripping. My only option now appears to be to rip as unknown and then go back and auto-tag with Amazon. I'm sure this can't be the best method, but I've got a brain cramp and can't find a way to rip it with the album/track info already found.

Advice?

thanks!

anon

Post by anon » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:24 am

No one?

gab

Post by gab » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:23 am

Did you try: Tools > Get Album Info from Freedb

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:52 am

It's too bad the check Freedb option isn't selectable within the ripping confirmation (like CDex)...it makes the autorun on windows useless because selecting "Rip with MediaMonkey" opens MM3 and goes right to the ripping dialog...which you then have to cancel out of to do the Freedb check.

Zepp

Freedb and fileinfo should be an option before ripping meny.

Post by Zepp » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:33 am

Anonymous wrote:It's too bad the check Freedb option isn't selectable within the ripping confirmation (like CDex)...it makes the autorun on windows useless because selecting "Rip with MediaMonkey" opens MM3 and goes right to the ripping dialog...which you then have to cancel out of to do the Freedb check.
That's a detail I've also noticed and doesn't find logical.
On the other hand; How do I remove the file info after updating from Freedb without ripping?
(Just getting file info for playback.)