Another strange one.

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Nonreality

Another strange one.

Post by Nonreality »

MM says I have 200 out of 900 albums with no date. The problem is that they have dates and they show up in foobar, dbpoweramp my Squeezebox etc etc. I use only ID3v2.3 tags. The weird part is that it sees the other 700 albums tags right. If I use mp3tag or dbpoweramp and deleted the dates on the ones it doesn't see then re-add them they show up. I was hoping it was just a tag version or something that I could easily fix but this is not consistant. Any Ideas will be most appreciated. While I'm on a roll with odd stuff, I've also seen some inconsistant readings with the replay gain. I've had a couple of albums that I've ripped to both flac and mp3 that have been off by .3. This is on the album gain so it doesn't bug me a bunch but it is strange as an encoder should not affect gain readings. Same albums ripped with dbpoweramp. I haven't had a chance to redo the replay gain with dbpoweramp and foobar. I'll update if they have a difference between encodings or if it's a bug in MM
If the rule you followed brought you here, what good is the rule.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Nonreality

Post by Nonreality »

nohitter151 wrote:http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/index.php?_m=
knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=62
Thanks but no luck. It's strange that it see's just some and not all or none because they are all the same type of tag. Either that or I didn't understand how to use the instructions but I tried a variety of ways.
Macarena

Post by Macarena »

Nonreality wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/index.php?_m=
knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=62
Thanks but no luck. It's strange that it see's just some and not all or none because they are all the same type of tag. Either that or I didn't understand how to use the instructions but I tried a variety of ways.
IMO, the problem is hidden in these tags. The thing is, all SW can read almost all the year tags, but they prefer to show up different tags. You might need a piece of SW, which shows ID3 tags "as is" in their native codes. I have to say it did not cross my way... :( yet, even i would also like it.
Owyn

Post by Owyn »

Cultured Perl: Fun with MP3 and Perl, Part 1
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux ... pmp31.html
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum. (Ambrose Bierce)
I drink therefore I am. (Monty Python)
Vista 32bit Home Premium SP2 / MM3.2.1.1297 Gold / Last.Fm 1.0.2.22 / IE8
Dell Inspiron 530 (1.8 Core2 / 2GB)
Skin: Vitreous Blue
Scripts: Add/Remove Playstat|Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix|Album Art Tagger|Backup|Batch Art Finder|Calculate Cover Size|Case&Leading Zero Fixer|DB_Audit|DB_Clean|DB_Schema|Event Logger|Genre Finder|Lyricator|Magic Nodes|MM2VLC|Monkey Rok|MusicIP Tagger|PUID Generator|RegExp Find & Replace|Right Click for Scripts|Scriptreloader|SQL Viewer|Stats(Filtered)|Tagging Inconsistencies
Macarena

Post by Macarena »

Owyn wrote:Cultured Perl: Fun with MP3 and Perl, Part 1
Thanks very much Owyn, looks promising. It's more about self-building an own script than using a precompiled exe (I was awaiting), but I'll have a closer look on some long lonely evening...
Nonreality

Post by Nonreality »

Macarena wrote:
Owyn wrote:Cultured Perl: Fun with MP3 and Perl, Part 1
Thanks very much Owyn, looks promising. It's more about self-building an own script than using a precompiled exe (I was awaiting), but I'll have a closer look on some long lonely evening...
Yes thanks, it is interesting but a bit above my non programing head. I think Macarena is right on how programs see more than meets the eye but choose not to show it. I was starting to update my year tags in MM when I came upon some that I knew I had already done, so I checked and all my other programs said they were fine. This started me to try to figure out why they were not fine in MM. I just hate doing things over and over. :o
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

open a support ticket (main mm website > support) and send them a sample file of that mm can't read.

you could also try RC-3 (in the beta forum sticky thread) to see if that improves anything.