aspi error

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

aspi error

Post by Guest »

When trying to play a cd or grab songs from a music cd I get the following error:

ASPI error:0x4 (SRB completed with error)
Sense key:0x2 (Not ready) Sense code:0x3A 0x0 (Medium not present).

I use Songs-DB Gold Version 1.3 (Build: 5.425)

I've tried with several different cd's, but I get the same message every time.
What is the problem and how to resolve this.

Apart from this I am really enthousiastic about the programm. That's why I already
jiri

Post by jiri »

You probably use Windows 98, where ASPI is used. There has been written a lot about ASPI (just enter the term in Google and a number of information about how to solve problems apper).

Probably the best you can do is to download the latest ASPI layer from Adaptec (http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/suppor ... index.html) - I cannot give the exact link, because you have to click to the download location through several pages.

If you have any problem with this, just let me know.

Jiri

Post by Guest »

thanx for the quick response. Although I'm working with windows xp professional, I updated aspi.
This did not solve the problem.
Then I tried to search the internet. I've got some website in portuegese :o (which is a language I do not speak, nor read). But I could understand the suggestion to look at the plugins.
I looked at the current input plugin and reset some values from aspi to win32 and the problem with playing the songs was solved.
I will try if grabbing also works with this minor adjustment.
If I have problems with that I will post again.

Song-DB is one of my most valued applications. It was just the program I was looking for. So keep up the good work.

Thanx again :lol:
jiri

Post by jiri »

That's interesting. If you can send me what exactly did you change and what is the final result, I would be grateful.

Thanks,
Jiri

Post by Guest »

I discovered why I did get this problem in the first place.
The problem occured because I installed clone-cd on my computer. During install a virtual cd-drive is installed and configured.
I use CD Reader for Winamp version 1.71 as input plugin.
My system has a dvd-drive a cdrw-drive and now also a virtual cd-drive. Somehow all of these drives where configured as an Elby DVD-ROM drive during the install of clone-cd (at least that is my best guess).
In the cd-reader configuration one can configure each drive. First I changed that from ASPI to Win32 and everything functioned like it should (I did not test extensively). But just now I noticed that the device which is attached to a drive-letter, did not correspond with reality.
I changed that and now everything seems to function with ASPI.

I hope this helps you to understand why the problem appeared and if this is the best solution (I guess so).[/img]
jiri

Post by jiri »

Ok, thanks for letting me know.

Jiri