Last.FM scrobbling

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Peke

Re: Last.FM scrobbling

Post by Peke » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:51 pm

@hawe-me
Can you play track with ''à'' and see if MM log file show ''à'' correctly in last 5 log entries?
If track is not shown in log correctly can you please send me that track using http://www.yousendit.com directly on pavle [@(at)] mediamonkey [.(dot)] com and I'll debug it to see what is going on.

@nanosp
"love and tag songs" along with some other advanced last.fm features are tied to last.fm client for which MM would need to obtain approval from last.fm we will see about that as soon as scrobbler come out of beta and scrobbling protocol proves to be stable.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:07 am

Peke wrote:@Guest
What Plugin Version you use (Tools -> Extensions and tools -> Options -> Player -> General Plugins)?
Recently I tried "option 2" with audioscrobbler for winamp v1.1.10
Before that I tried Last.fm.scrobbler 1.0.1.12, which i think is the same that worked for me some time after I updated mm to 3.02 .
I dont really know if there were better versions available. I searched for this on the forums but i hardly found anything.
I also tried the v1.0.2.1 for 3.1 for a while because I thought it would also work for 3.0x.

Peke

Post by Peke » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:03 am

@guest
Unfortunately new plugin works with latest versions MM 3.1.1202+ only, you can download it from here. To make things work you would need to delete all other last.fm plugins (if uninstalls do not help you can delete them manually while MM is closed from plugins folder easily as they will have gen_* prefix in filename). After fresh install of v1.0.2.5 it should work without problems.
Best regards,
Pavle

nanosp

Post by nanosp » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:27 am

@ Peke: Thanks for the response, I'm happy with the scrobbler now, but I'll keep an eye out for any changes.

Peke

Post by Peke » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:46 am

@hawe-me
I received your file and I have no problems with Native MM plugin v1.0.2.5 on MM 3.1.0.1204 and the log you've sent me is not from MM native plugin.
Best regards,
Pavle

hawe-me

Post by hawe-me » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:12 pm

Peke wrote:@hawe-me
I received your file and I have no problems with Native MM plugin v1.0.2.5 on MM 3.1.0.1204 and the log you've sent me is not from MM native plugin.
But I'm using last.fm with ''option #2'' ... and I don't want Native plugin because of bugs =P

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:10 pm

hawe-me wrote:
Peke wrote:@hawe-me
But I'm using last.fm with ''option #2'' ... and I don't want Native plugin because of bugs =P
The native version seems to be the most reliable scrobbler of any option. The only problem is that it probably won't work with MM3.0, you need the 3.1 beta version.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

electric_wolves

Post by electric_wolves » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:38 pm

Hi there

I just wanted to randomly post to express massive gratitude to hipdoof, I've been using mediamonkey for a while and love it, but was really sad that I couldn't scrobble my tracks on last.fm, but your simple solution sorted me out completely! Thanks!

tigertales

Post by tigertales » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:46 pm

I started a new topic y'day, and got redirected here. Can anybody help??
My MM 3.0.2 hasn't sproggled to lastfm since Wednesday. How do I locate the problem??

I'm pretty sure I have it configured using the winamp plug-in - well it says it submitted the most recently played tracks... but logfile shows errors...

I have been on the road prior to Wednesday - and able to submit tracks from anywhere; but now I'm back home it appears I may be blocked somewhere in the chain.

How do I track down the weak link??

Thx
Please!

fhanselmann

Post by fhanselmann » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:55 pm

Help!

I am attempting to install the latest Last.fm scrobbler (Last.fm_Scrobbler_1.0.2.14.mmip). I am running MM 3.1.0.1232 on Vista Home Premium 64 bit.

Every time I attempt to install I get a message pop up saying "Product installation error".

I have tried installing running MM normally and as administrator. No joy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

davidbankson

Post by davidbankson » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:06 pm

I did option #2, works perfectly, even shows my recently listened tracks on my last.fm profile the correct way (shows up halfway through the song, says I'm currently listening to it, and stays there when another song appears in the list). THANK YOU!! I see nothing wrong with it whatsoever.

edit: using mm 3.2.2