Auto Organize Mask for Multiple Drives

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

dreadlyone

Auto Organize Mask for Multiple Drives

Post by dreadlyone »

Hi there, I need help creating a mask that will auto organize my tracks to go on different drives based on artist names.

Basically, due to size limitations of my drives and the vastness of my collection (56k tracks), my collection is stored on 3 drives as follows:

Drive E: All artists with numerics in their name (i.e. 112, 50 Cent, 3LW, etc...) and beginning with A to N
Drive D: All artists from O to Sk
Drive X: All artists from Sl to Z

Normally I auto organize manually selecting the correct subsections and it isn't very hard, but if I could get a mask to do this for me, it would remove several steps from the procedure.

My current auto organize mask is very simple and its all I want for artist, album and track naming.

\My Music\<Artist>\<Album>\<Artist> - <Title>

Thanks in advance for any help.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

someone asked about this a while back, but I thought there was no way to do this easily without multiple $if(), one for each letter..

but I just checked something...

Code: Select all

$if(<album artist@1>$<m,true,false)
seems to work, so you could create 3 $if() to point to the drive you want.

ie

Code: Select all

$if(<album artist@1>$<m,D:\)
etc
dreadlyone

Post by dreadlyone »

Firstly, thanks for replying and trying to help.

I've have played around with the above example and read through the help on masks and sadly, after about an hour of trying to manipulate your example, I have been unable to make any sense of or get any success out of your suggestion.

Would you or someone else be so kind as to elaborate more? I really hand holding here.

Thanks