Album Art Woes

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Full_Circle

Album Art Woes

Post by Full_Circle »

This isnt a problem specifically with Mediamonkey, but with my album art, so feel free to move it to another forum if necessary.

I know I shouldn't mention the words "Windows Media Player" here, but sometimes its a necessary evil when playing certain videos. However, whenever I open it it starts downloading album art (saved as pesky invisible system files) into my music folders. No matter what options I tick in WMP, it keeps continuing to do this whenever I open it, even for the briefest amount of time!

Does anyone know a way of disabling this feature permanently (short of deleting the program entirely?)
nohitter151

Re: Album Art Woes

Post by nohitter151 »

Full_Circle wrote:This isnt a problem specifically with Mediamonkey, but with my album art, so feel free to move it to another forum if necessary.

I know I shouldn't mention the words "Windows Media Player" here, but sometimes its a necessary evil when playing certain videos. However, whenever I open it it starts downloading album art (saved as pesky invisible system files) into my music folders. No matter what options I tick in WMP, it keeps continuing to do this whenever I open it, even for the briefest amount of time!

Does anyone know a way of disabling this feature permanently (short of deleting the program entirely?)
Nope, it can't be disabled. Its what keeps me from using Windows Media Player. You could, however simply remove your music from the WMP library.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Full_Circle

Post by Full_Circle »

nohitter151 wrote:
Full_Circle wrote:This isnt a problem specifically with Mediamonkey, but with my album art, so feel free to move it to another forum if necessary.

Nope, it can't be disabled. Its what keeps me from using Windows Media Player. You could, however simply remove your music from the WMP library.
My god, why didnt I think of that?! :roll: Sometimes I can be so slow! Thanks :)
jimsocal

Post by jimsocal »

Full_Circle wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:

My god, why didnt I think of that?! :roll: Sometimes I can be so slow! Thanks :)
I also like WMP for videos and use it for that. However even it doesn't play all videos even with many codecs added. See if you can get a copy of VLC. Used to be free and it plays a lot of the stuff that WMP won't. ALSO, as a great bonus, if you have any dts or 5.1 wav files it will decode them and play them through stereo speakers!
Using XP SerPack2 512MB RAM 2.4g Intel
IPod 80GB Classic Video
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

found the link for the vlc it is still free, :D

http://www.majorgeeks.com/VLC_media_player_d4674.html

Full_Circle wrote:I know I shouldn't mention the words "Windows Media Player" here,
not to worry we here in the monkey puzzle tree love to answer questions about other players that don't work as well as mediamonkey, which we all can do because most of us have come to media monkey for the reasons that are found lacking in the other media players. so go ahead ask about them here we will enjoy throwing banana peels at those media players. :lol:

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.