How Detect and Removing Duplicate Files

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

._.

Re: How Detect and Removing Duplicate Files

Post by ._. »

:evil: K, if u have the 2011 version, u probably don't even have the option library. In this case u gotta choose ''Podcast'' in the tree usually on the left. click the arrow to get more options, then choose the one that's named ''Files to edit''. the 2 last choices at the bottom of the files to edit options should be ''Duplicate Titles'' and ''Duplicate Content'' . then click ''duplicate content'' to start the scanning.

Note: u should probably activate a setting in the ''Options'' menu found at the top left corner in the ''Tools'' section. Once u did that, there should be a window that opens named '' Options''. On the left, find ''Library'' located a little lower than the middle of the list. Then there should be a whole bunch of stuff like: File Monitor..., a bunch of boxes to click on... with one of them being: ''Analyze files for duplicates (takes extra time)''. click that. Then do an nice ''OK'' at the bottom.

If u do all that, it should work... :P thx for reading, who ever reads this xD
kamila rodrigo

Post by kamila rodrigo »

you can use "duplicatefilesdeleter"
frank1982

Post by frank1982 »

According to me in my opinion Duplicate Files Deleter is the best because I am still using it now for more than 3 years & will continue to do so as it is so user friendly, simple to use & you can do anything with it & I would definitely recommend it to everyone out there who wants to sort/manage/delete any of their duplicate files & you can choose to delete any files you don't want across all platforms just like myself who have been using this amazing software without any problems. Also it supports all file extensions out there. But please backup important files first. Please use it to believe me.