Can I remove underlines in Album Art view?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Giarc

Can I remove underlines in Album Art view?

Post by Giarc »

Is there any way to remove the underlines in Album Art view? It may be nit-picking, but I don't care for the look of the underlined text. Thanks.
nohitter151

Re: Can I remove underlines in Album Art view?

Post by nohitter151 »

Giarc wrote:Is there any way to remove the underlines in Album Art view? It may be nit-picking, but I don't care for the look of the underlined text. Thanks.
No, theres no way to remove that as of the latest MM version.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Giarc

Post by Giarc »

nohitter151 wrote:No, theres no way to remove that as of the latest MM version.
That's unfortunate. I saw a screenshot some time back of a beta version that did not have the underlines, and I thought it looked much nicer that way. Just my opinion of course. :wink:

If you look at other music managers such as Winamp or Media Jukebox, the text is not underlined when viewing album art.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Giarc wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:No, theres no way to remove that as of the latest MM version.
That's unfortunate. I saw a screenshot some time back of a beta version that did not have the underlines, and I thought it looked much nicer that way. Just my opinion of course. :wink:

If you look at other music managers such as Winamp or Media Jukebox, the text is not underlined when viewing album art.
Yes, I believe the text is underlined because you can click the Artist and/or album name to view more from the same (like a hyperlink is underlined on the internet). You're more than welcome to make your wish known in the wishlist forum but something as trivial as this may not get much attention.

Any idea if that screenshot is still around? I'd love to see it.

Giarc

Post by Giarc »

nohitter151 wrote:Yes, I believe the text is underlined because you can click the Artist and/or album name to view more from the same (like a hyperlink is underlined on the internet).
I'm sure you're right, however, there's nothing that says hyperlinks have to be underlined. Many links on web pages are not underlined. In fact, there are numerous links on the very page I'm writing this on that are not underlined. They only become underlined when you move the cursor over them.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Giarc wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:Yes, I believe the text is underlined because you can click the Artist and/or album name to view more from the same (like a hyperlink is underlined on the internet).
I'm sure you're right, however, there's nothing that says hyperlinks have to be underlined. Many links on web pages are not underlined. In fact, there are numerous links on the very page I'm writing this on that are not underlined. They only become underlined when you move the cursor over them.
Right, but you expect hyperlinks when browsing the internet. You probably wouldn't expect them in your music library, which is probably why they're underlined - to indicate that they're links. It just seems logical to me - not that I'm necessarily defending it. I don't even use the album art views... :P

Post by Guest »

I would like the links to not be underlined. It's rather unsightly.

Could it be done with CSS?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

This is something that the MM developers would have to change. Currently it isn't configurable.