Adding tracks to library/database

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Buck

Adding tracks to library/database

Post by Buck »

Hi!
Is there an easier way to add tracks to the library? The only way I am seeing is to add/rescan tracks to library and then hunt down the directory you wish to add. Is there a drag and drop way to to do it? You can drag tracks from Explorer into the playlist, is there a way to add tracks in the playlist to the database/library? Am I missing something obvious and easy or is the add/rescan the only way to do it?
By the way, I have been using MediaMonkey and loving it since MusicMatch changed to Yahoo Music Suckbox :evil: a few years ago. You can thank them for my Lifetime Gold Purchase. :D

Thanks in advance!

Buck
Schlumischubu

Re: Adding tracks to library/database

Post by Schlumischubu »

check Archive-->Scan at start-up or scan during work so MM adds the files when you add them to the folder
koro

Post by koro »

To avoid long time waiting during monitor scan on my files, i made a new map like "New".

I put my new tracks into it and when starting MM it scans only this folder.

After the monitorscan i drag the new files into the definitive map, after i set genre, Score ...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can right click on the folder in the Location node and select Add/Rescan Tracks to only scan the folder. This might be faster than hunting down the folder in the Add/Rescan Tracks dialog. If the folder isn't yet in the library you can also use the My Computer node to locate the folder.

Using a new folder like suggested above is a good idea for new tracks. From there you can tag the tracks and use Auto-Organize Files to move them to your normal music location.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

Lowlander wrote:You can right click on the folder in the Location node and select Add/Rescan Tracks to only scan the folder. This might be faster than hunting down the folder in the Add/Rescan Tracks dialog. If the folder isn't yet in the library you can also use the My Computer node to locate the folder.

Using a new folder like suggested above is a good idea for new tracks. From there you can tag the tracks and use Auto-Organize Files to move them to your normal music location.
i do both of what lowlander has said so i'm seconding his way's :)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Buck

Post by Buck »

Thanks for the suggestions! I thought a bit more about what I was suggesting originally. I can see a library becoming a hodgepodge of folders very quickly if you allowed a user to add tracks to the library regardless of what folder the tracks are located in. I like the idea of having a "new" music folder. I think I will play around with variants of this idea.

Thanks again!

Buck
Buck

Post by Buck »

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =7&t=33459

The method this person describes works just as I was hoping for. I haven't upped past 1183 myself so I don't know if I would have his problems or not.

Re-reading your posts, it is essentially what I think you all were trying to tell me except I didnt realize you could just drag the tracks from Windows Explorer to the Library Node. it works great!

Later

Buck