Import Data wizard

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

PromisedPlanet

Import Data wizard

Post by PromisedPlanet »

Hello;

When first installing MediaMonkey, the user is presented with an Import Data wizard dialog that can be used to import metadata from the iTunes database.

How can one run this wizard again after the initial installation? And will it import play counts, or if not, is there some other way to import play counts?

Thanks in advance.
nohitter151

Re: Import Data wizard

Post by nohitter151 »

Just do File | Add/rescan tracks to the library and make sure you scan the folder where your iTunes library .xml file is stored. It should import playcounts.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
PromisedPlanet

Post by PromisedPlanet »

nohitter151 wrote:Just do File | Add/rescan tracks to the library and make sure you scan the folder where your iTunes library .xml file is stored. It should import playcounts.
Doesn't work.

I'm scanning a folder called "My Music" (standard supplied Windows folder), under which is all my music arranged by Artist\Album. Also under the "My Music" folder is the iTunes folder containing "iTunes Music Library.xml".

I'm running MM 3.0.5.1187.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Did you check the box to not show you the import info from other media players at some point? If so I believe you have to edit that option somewhere in the MediaMonkey.ini file.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
PromisedPlanet

Post by PromisedPlanet »

nohitter151 wrote:Did you check the box to not show you the import info from other media players at some point?
I'm not sure what checkbox that is. Does it exist in the original wizard dialog, or somewhere off the Add/Rescan Folders dialog (I couldn't find it), or somewhere else?
nohitter151 wrote:If so I believe you have to edit that option somewhere in the MediaMonkey.ini file.
There are many entries in the .ini file, any clue as to which one it is? Maybe MediaWizard_CheckedActions? I'll try that one.
PromisedPlanet

Post by PromisedPlanet »

PromisedPlanet wrote:There are many entries in the .ini file, any clue as to which one it is? Maybe MediaWizard_CheckedActions? I'll try that one.
That was it! Thanks for your help. Man, I do so love the 'Monkey. When it adds the ability to sync expansion cards while in their players, it'll be perfect.