Keep FLAC/mp3 duplicates but filter/hide the mp3's?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Damage, Inc.

Keep FLAC/mp3 duplicates but filter/hide the mp3's?

Post by Damage, Inc. »

I had great success transferring my mp3 metadata to my new FLAC upgrades using Bex's Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix, but I want to keep both the mp3 and FLACs in my library for personal reasons.

Is there a filter or something I can setup to hide duplicate mp3's if they have a FLAC equivalent? I know I could easily filter just the FLACs, but then I'd lose the rest of my library.

Thanks.
Lowlander

Re: Keep FLAC/mp3 duplicates but filter/hide the mp3's?

Post by Lowlander »

I don't think this is possible as there is no way to identify duplicates in that manner in filters. It does tie in with a wish I posted a long time ago that could setup an auto-playlist (and thus filters would work the same) where you would be able to just have the highest quality (by bitrate, ratings, quality or combination of those) copy of a song show up, no matter the album it's on. This last part would need to be modified for your needs as you'd probably want to show all tracks from all albums and just show the best copy of the track.
Bex

Post by Bex »

What could work is if you manually update one of the customs fields to e.g. DUPE and then apply a filter: CustomX <> DUPE
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
Damage, Inc.

Post by Damage, Inc. »

Thanks again Bex! Added "Has FLAC Upgrade" to the Custom 1 field of all the duplicate mp3's and filtered them out no problem!