Any reliable Last.Fm plugins / extensions / etc working with

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Shaamaan

Any reliable Last.Fm plugins / extensions / etc working with

Post by Shaamaan » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:57 pm

Hello there.

I'm trying to find a reliable plugin for MM to use with Last.FM. So far I've found an extension, posted somewhere on the forums, for the 3.x MM. However, the extension is incredibly simplistic to the point where it doesn't even use a mask edit box for the Last.FM password. It works, but on a very very basic level.

I've also found a slightly more advanced AudioScrobber plugin (designed for WinAmp, but working with MM); this seemed better, but for some odd reason it would occasionally stop sending data (error during sending) until I restarted MM. It was better in the sense that it could cache played songs in case it couldn't connect to Last.FM.

However, both these things seemed to be outdated and thus I ask: are there are reliable, up-to-date plugins / extensions / thingies for MM that work with Last.FM?

EDIT: I've tried installing the official Last.FM plugin for WinAmp, but it doesn't seem to be working; I couldn't get any config to appear, so either it's not compatible with MM or it's designed to link MM to the Last.FM app (which I'd rather avoid if possible).

Lowlander

Re: Any reliable Last.Fm plugins / extensions / etc working with

Post by Lowlander » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:14 pm

The MediaMonkey last.fm plugin is still being developed. It's main issue is that account details aren't saved encrypted, but otherwise it works well including caching.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:30 pm

The beta version of MM supports the latest Last.fm plugin which also masks your password in the options and contains other improvements.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Shaamaan

Post by Shaamaan » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:04 pm

nohitter151 wrote:The beta version of MM supports the latest Last.fm plugin which also masks your password in the options and contains other improvements.
I've downloaded and installed the latest beta and added the WinAmp plugin, but I still don't get any config window when I try to set it up...

Is there a trick to this?

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:45 pm

You should only use on of the plugins. The MediaMonkey plugin can be configured in the MediaMonkey options.

Shaamaan

Post by Shaamaan » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:51 pm

Yeah, I misunderstood the previous post; I thought I'm to use the official Last.FM plugin.

Anyways, it works now. Thanks! :D

Shaamaan

Post by Shaamaan » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:05 pm

Actually, it doesn't work. I spoke too soon.

The plugin installs fine, and indeed the config is there and can be accessed...

But no data appears to be sent (Last.FM profile isn't changing), the little log window in the options is empty and when I try to open the log file I get an error that the file does not exist.

:-?

Any tips?

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:10 pm

Which version of MediaMonkey and the last.fm plugin do you have installed?

Shaamaan

Post by Shaamaan » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:14 pm

MM build 3.1.0.1212
LastFM plugin 1.0.2.5

EDIT: Perhaps it's just a matter of making the log file myself? The only thing is that I don't know what the name should be called or where exactly it should be placed...

Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:54 pm

Do you have "Submit played tracks to build my Last.fm profule and get music recommendations" enabled? I don't know what the problem you may be having is, as I'm using Build 1212 with the latest Last.FM Extension version and it works fine. You sure you entered your account details correctly too?

Shaamaan

Post by Shaamaan » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:43 am

Yes, I've entered the details correctly; the options is also checked. But I think it was more a matter of me being in a hurry; today it seems to update Last.fm correctly (or perhaps there was just something wrong with the connection).

The log is still empty and the file is still missing tho.

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:46 am

I think you have to restart MediaMonkey after installing last.fm before it will start scrobbling tracks.

Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:50 pm

I think I remember reading in Mantis, a bug that causes the log not to appear for some, though I think it's been fixed in the next version of the script. It works for me however, so I don't know. I believe Lowlander is right as well, so a lack of restart could explain your initial problem of it not scrobbling.

Shaamaan

Post by Shaamaan » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:43 am

I'm quite certain I restarted MM. After all, there's a rather clear message after installing the extension. Anyways, it's working, so that's nice.

And since I've tried and reinstalled the whole latest beta of MM and then the latest Last.fm plugin and got no log, it seems they haven't fixed it fully. :p

tigertales

Post by tigertales » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:35 am

I've had the same problem since returning from holidays.

I've searched and searched and tried and tried, but cannot get MM to scrobble to LFM.

Yesterday I uninstalled MM, and LFM; re-installed both; used Wamp plug-in, but still no luck.

Using MM3.0.6; - Would be greatly appreciated if someone could post a step by step to get me up and scrobbling again.

Thx so much.