WASAPI plug-in for Vista

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

gpzbc

Re: WASAPI plug-in for Vista

Post by gpzbc »

Any update on this?
--
The gpzbc
Peke

Post by Peke »

Still working on this but if you are still impatient DL Latest thirdparty one from http://maikoplugin.atspace.com/index.html ( http://maikoplugin.atspace.com/out_maiko.dll ) and save it to MM plugins Folder and do not forget to restart MM so that you can select new output plugin.

I've tested it on MM 3.2 and Realtek onboard Sound Card using output capabilities on 24/192 FLAC.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
danhackley

Post by danhackley »

What's the latest on this WASAPI plugin ?
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

danhackley wrote:What's the latest on this WASAPI plugin ?
I think the latest on it is quite clear, it is in development and when the 4.0 beta version is available, you'll be able to test it out.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 15#p226723
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 30#p234612
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
timztunz

Post by timztunz »

Sorry to be redundant but is this still the case? No WASAPI in MM as yet and not until MM4? I'm a frustrated foobar user who wants to migrate but not at the loss of bit perfect playback.
Win 7 64-bit
Parasound JC-1 Monoblocks, Parasound JC-2 Preamp, Soliloquy 6.5 Full Range Speakers, Sony SCD-1 CD/SACD Player, VPI Aries 3 Turntable (with SDS, Super Platter, TNT Mini Feet, SS Periphery Ring & Weight), Dynavector XX2 mkII Cartridge) Sutherland Hubble Phono Stage, HP d6v Laptop Win7 (64 bit) ----> dB Audio Labs Tranquility DAC (Ridge Street Audio Alethias 4.6m USB Cable) - Power Conditioning & Cabling by Silver Circle Audio
etheriau

Post by etheriau »

Same here. Why is it taking so long to get a WASAPI plugin in the Monkey? No betas available? Until then I'm using Foobar for bitperfect output to my USB DAC
dbdog

Post by dbdog »

After a bit of trial and error and research I think I'm getting bit perfect out of MM. I'm using wavout with the volume control and all other volume control options (leveling, clipping) turned off. I've got a high end dac and it sounds like bit perfect t'me. I have no way to test it other than my very picky ears. See Chris' posts in Computer Audiophile.

Cheers
danhackley

Post by danhackley »

Don't know why it's taking so long. Pretty popular software, after all.
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3
etheriau

Post by etheriau »

Hi dbdog,

I believe you are correct if you are running WinXP and the waveout plugin of MM (tested it and yes it was bit perfect for me too) ...However in Windows 7 it's a different story. Here is what I was told by the support group of Benchmark:

"Windows Vista doesn’t use Kmixer…it went away with XP. However, Vista’s new audio engine (WASAPI) always converts the sample rate. I don’t know why, but it is always engaged. Luckily it is very high-quality sample-rate conversion, so it is virtually transparent."

Using the WASAPI out component in foobar is the only way I can get true bitperfect output in Windows 7. Can't wait to see a MM 4 beta with wasapi output!!!
dbdog

Post by dbdog »

Hi Etheriau,

thanks for the info. Yes I'm still running XP and I'm waiting for the software I rely on like MM to develope better support for Win 7. From what I read and you comfirm this, I'll need to wait a bit longer.

Thanks again
dbdog
Holograph

Post by Holograph »

It's been 6 months - no MM4 and seemingly no progress. Can someone from the MM team please post an update on this?
Simon Chick

Post by Simon Chick »

+1
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Holograph wrote:It's been 6 months - no MM4 and seemingly no progress. Can someone from the MM team please post an update on this?
There has been plenty of progress - it's just been behind the scenes. Just be patient :)
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Peke

Post by Peke »

I'm not sure why you do not use plugin I posted above. I tested Bit perfect using MM and foobar by playing same file and output recorded was bit perfect.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Holograph

Post by Holograph »

@Peke: This is why: "THIS IS NOT A BIT PERFECT RENDERER AND THUS IT APPLYING SOME PROCESSING!"
@nohitter151: I believe 6 months qualifies as patient (and that's since my previous message, this thread is significantly older).