Double clicking artists/albums

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

sean2078

Double clicking artists/albums

Post by sean2078 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:25 pm

Hello All,

In MediaMonkey, when I double click an artist in the tree it expands. When I double click an album in the tree under an artist nothing happens. I would like both to start playing tracks within their nodes when double clicked. My "Tools - Options - Player" options are set to:
* Play Now
* Play Now
* Clear tracks & play selected + subsequent
Is there a way to make double clicking play the music I want? Else, can anyone post some example script that might get me started in setting this up?

Thanks!

nohitter151

Re: Double clicking artists/albums

Post by nohitter151 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:39 pm

The double click options are for tracks that appear in the main window / now playing as far as I can tell.

You should be able to achieve what you want to do by right clicking the node and click "Play now".
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

sean2078

Post by sean2078 » Sat May 16, 2009 12:11 pm

Thanks nohitter - yeah, the thing is - let's say I want to play "Unwritten Law" in my artist tree - right now I have to click the artist node, then select all of the music, then double-click the first album/song to start playing.

I just want to double click "Unwritten Law" :D (seems hard the way it is now)..

Looks like I need to request this under the "MediaMonkey Wishlist" forum. Moderator, if you see this, mind moving this thread there? Thx.

If any script guru's know how to make this happen, I'd appreciate any tips - peace.

MMan

Post by MMan » Sat May 16, 2009 12:30 pm

Using Nohitter's suggestion, you don't need to select any music at the artist level or the album level below the artist. Just right click on the artist or album under the artist in the Artist (or any other node) and then select play now. All the music goes to Now Playing and starts to play. Doesn't seem to be that much harder then two Left clicks....