"Clear Library" not working

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

zopfan

"Clear Library" not working

Post by zopfan »

I'm using MM3.0.7.1191 (without any additional plugins or scripts etc, but/except default ones) on Vista Ultimate, Intel Orig Board with a P4 processor.

Problem is, I'm giving the command: File> Clear Library> click on 'Yes'> type "Yes". But nothing is happening. All the artists and albums keep showing in their respective nodes. I've tried restarting MM (though have not tried windows reboot yet).
I've even removed 'Auto Watch' the folders (thought, perhaps MM scans and adds all the tracks quickly when I relaunch it).
But to no avail.

Am I now left only to remove all the thousands tracks (under hundreds-- if not thousands-- of artists/albums) manually??
Why this is happening??
nohitter151

Re: "Clear Library" not working

Post by nohitter151 »

It should work fine, are you sure that you aren't browsing under the "My Computer" node?

Anyway you can achieve the same effect by deleting the database file: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ticleid=17
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Stotan

Post by Stotan »

I had this same issue. Easy fix. When you have to type in "YES" make sure it is in ALL CAPS. Hope this fixes it for you. :)
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Hi mate!
I got your PM.

Why not just go: Edit > Select All (or Ctrl+A), then right click on the highlighted tracks, and select "Remove"?
zopfan

Post by zopfan »

Stotan wrote:I had this same issue. Easy fix. When you have to type in "YES" make sure it is in ALL CAPS. Hope this fixes it for you. :)

Yes, it DID work that way. Thanks a lot.

Though there should have been some specific indication or message that the user HAS TO type in CAPS (though the dialogue appearing has "YES" in caps, but this is easily ignorable). I mean it shouldn't be like it.

P.S. How do I indicate that this thread has been resolved (as I do on forums.nokia.com), after which a small icon would tell other searching users that this problem/topic has an accepted solution !!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That isn't done on this forum. Only for bugs the green checkmark is used to indicate that the bug is resolved.