artists out of order

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Re: artists out of order

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:20 pm

Well, I just spent 2 hours correcting all the mistakes and got it perfect and then reopened MM and it was back to the way it was before. Highly aggravating! Basically, it is not saving any of the changes I make. I think I am going to download 3.1 Beta and see if it fixes it.

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:35 pm

Hate to bump my own thread but this is odd. When I reopened MM all the ordering and track # mistakes were there again but when I click on the album/artist column it corrects all of the mistakes that I had previously corrected. Basically, its like there are two versions: the original library with the mistakes and the corrected library. Has anyone else encountered this?

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:53 pm

No, please post some screenshots to better explain what is going on.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:31 am

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33168315@N ... 982215713/

Above is a portion of MM as I opened it. As you can see, not only are some songs out of order but some are also separated from the rest of the album that they belong to. Also notice that I am at the very bottom of my list. The list is in order from A-Z but there is a group of about 20 albums that remain all the way at the bottom out of order. So……

Yesterday I went through and changed all the mistakes and voila, everything was in perfect order until I closed out the program. When I reopened MM, it was back to its original state and all of the mistakes were there again. Basically, I did all that work for nothing. Or at least that is what I thought. I than hit the Artists/Album column and boom!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33168315@N ... 982215713/

Everything in perfect order from A-Z. The mistakes that I corrected were once again in order and the albums that were separated have once again joined each other.

So, basically every time I close the program and then reopen it I have to hit the Artists/Album column to get everything in the right order. It is as if the program has saved my corrections but isn’t using it as the default. Any ideas? Hope that explains it well enough.

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:30 am

Isn't the problem just that the tracks are not sorted in the first image and they are sorted in the second one??

MMan

Post by MMan » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:39 am

That still wouldn't explain why the sort isn't being presevered when MM reopens. When you open MM, can you scroll right to see if you can find a column that is the logical "primary" sort column (it might show an arrow, like album artisit does in the second screen shot). It seems that Genre might be a secondary sort because "walk this way" is the only track on the Album that is "Rock" vs. "Rock/Pop" which would explain why it is showing seperately.

Like Nohitter, I can't replicate in 3.0.7.1911. When I change the sort column, that is preserved upon reopen. You aren't using the default skin, could it be a bug in the skin? Have you tried switching to the default skin and see if the problem still exists? Also, you said that you spent a lot of time "fixing" things. What were you doing to "fix" things?

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:59 am

The skin is a good idea. I might try switching back to the default skin to see if that fixes it. I have tried everything else. I checked the columns and there is no extra one. I went through all the tracks that were out of order and corrected them. I checked everything, track #, disc #, etc. etc. I just tried matching up all the genres and they are still separated when I reopen MM. Additionally, I just ripped 5 CD's and when I reopen MM, they are all listed at the very bottom and completely split up. These are ripped CD's and all of the information on them is perfect. Once again, as soon as I hit the album/artists column, they alphabetize and everything goes back to perfect. :-?

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:02 am

The skin can't influence whether or not the sort is saved. Try sorting in the details view as there was some confusion whether sort order isn't preserved when MM is closed from the details view.

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:09 am

I have tried that about 10 times NoHitter. It solved the problem of not having to resize the columns but it didn't fix the main issue.

I just tried using a different skin and didn't do any good. Also, it seems that more and more tracks are getting out of order and they are all collecting at the bottom of the list. Some of them are perfectly ok but just not alphabetized. For instance, the entire Aerosmith-Permanent Vacation CD is now all the way at the bottom of the list and it wasn't before. The plot thickens. :(

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:14 am

OK, check this out. I just noticed that in the "album art" it stays in perfect order. Only in the "list" and "album art with details" view is it jumbled. Whoever figures this one out gets a cookie!

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:14 am

I really don't know. Have you tried just using the details view (not the art views at all) -- is at least the details view sort order saved when you close MM?

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:22 am

Nope. Details view is also out of whack.

I have three nodes: Artists, Soundtracks, and Compilations.

My artists section is out of order in the "list" and "artwork with details" section but in order in the album artwork section.

My soundtracks section is completely in order in all three sections.

My compilations sections is out of order in all three sections.

??????

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:26 am

Guest wrote:Nope. Details view is also out of whack.

I have three nodes: Artists, Soundtracks, and Compilations.

My artists section is out of order in the "list" and "artwork with details" section but in order in the album artwork section.

My soundtracks section is completely in order in all three sections.

My compilations sections is out of order in all three sections.

??????
So I assume you mean you've sorted them in the details view, closed MM, and then when you start back up the sort order is lost?

Can you check after you close MM to see if the MM process is still running? (via task manager)

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:28 am

That's right, it's not saving my order. I already checked the task manager and MM closes out just fine.

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:30 am

To answer your question specifically, I sorted them in the "art with details" view and when I close out it doesn't save my order. But, when I click on the album/artist column it sorts it perfectly the way I had it.