Manual Tag Editor in MM? Auto-Tag Album Art Only?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

directjj

Manual Tag Editor in MM? Auto-Tag Album Art Only?

Post by directjj »

Many of my files have tags the way I want them. How can I use Media Monkey to download album art to the ArtistName - AlbumName file folder as a stand alone .jpg, insert a version of the .jpg into the track file's art tag, but leave the rest of my existing tags alone?

I fear Auto-Tag is going to write over everything including the tags I have already.

ISN'T there an internal manual Tag Editor that is part of MediaMonkey?

I want to make fixes, like assign track numbers as 01, 02, 03...10 (vs. 1,2,3...10. I want all my tags to be in Mixed Case, not all upper case, or some word's capitalized and other words not.

My external tag editor can guess the tags for an album by selecting all the files in the album, but it allows me to tweak the imported results for consistancy.

I have several Tag Editors, one of which I use all the time, but if I use it external to Media Monkey it may conflict with MediaMonkey Library.

Does MediaMonkey store some sort of database key in the file tags? I see alphanumeric data in the Comment tag and wonder where it came from or if MediaMonkey uses it for anything.
nohitter151

Re: Manual Tag Editor in MM? Auto-Tag Album Art Only?

Post by nohitter151 »

directjj wrote:Many of my files have tags the way I want them. How can I use Media Monkey to download album art to the ArtistName - AlbumName file folder as a stand alone .jpg, insert a version of the .jpg into the track file's art tag, but leave the rest of my existing tags alone?

I fear Auto-Tag is going to write over everything including the tags I have already.
ISN'T there an internal manual Tag Editor that is part of MediaMonkey?

I want to make fixes, like assign track numbers as 01, 02, 03...10 (vs. 1,2,3...10. I want all my tags to be in Mixed Case, not all upper case, or some word's capitalized and other words not.

My external tag editor can guess the tags for an album by selecting all the files in the album, but it allows me to tweak the imported results for consistancy.

I have several Tag Editors, one of which I use all the time, but if I use it external to Media Monkey it may conflict with MediaMonkey Library.
Sure just right click the track -> Properties
Does MediaMonkey store some sort of database key in the file tags? I see alphanumeric data in the Comment tag and wonder where it came from or if MediaMonkey uses it for anything.
Alphanumeric data strings in the comments section are almost certainly from iTunes. MM doesn't save any junk like this to the file tags, only what you put in them.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Post by Guest »

We are working to digitize a library of CDs. Freedb doesn't always find the metadata. Is it possible to use another tagger with MM?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Yes, you need to manually enter Album and Album artist Info so that Auto-Tag from WEB can have starting point.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts