MM3 leaves info-block on screen while at the background

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

skipgilles

MM3 leaves info-block on screen while at the background

Post by skipgilles » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:47 am

I have the following problem on both my laptop and pc, so I guess it is general.

It is about the context info-bar type that pops up in many windows programs when hovering the mouse over something that needs info. For example and in particular, when you hover over the time line in MM3, the minute:seconds of that point on the time line is displayed in a small info bar. Quite often, I find a bar like that on the screen when I use, e.g., my browser. hovering over it makes it disappear, so not so much of a problem, but looks like a bug.

Can I solve this small problem?

Lowlander

Re: MM3 leaves info-block on screen while at the background

Post by Lowlander » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:04 pm

Does this happen with the new MediaMonkey 3.2? Have you seen tooltips from other applications remain active as well? Do the tooltips remain active only when using that browser or when using other programs as well.

I've seen this occasionally, but never something that can be reproduced consistently here.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:25 am

ghost tips have been showing up in windows since windows 3.0 not sure what is causing them only that getting them to stop showing up has been in most cases cleaning out the registry and clearing out the ram, or the adjusting the redraw of the screen. still some times these ghost tips are peskey and stay there until you reboot the system., in that case it seems to be caused by a mix up in dll files.

i would clean the system defragment and then update and then check for them to show up again.

and then let us back here know if they are gone. :D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. Proscan tablet Android 4.3 ) 7. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

skipgilles

Post by skipgilles » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:27 am

Thanks. At least good to learn that these things are called tooltips :)

The tooltips indeed stay on the screen over any secondary program. And just yesterday I realized that one of the most prominently staying tooltips "main" (which might be familiar to you) was there although I didn't run MM at all. O, and by the way, got windows 7 now and see the same.

I think I'm, easily, going to learn to live with it :)

Gilles

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:33 am

you on a crt monitor or an new flatpanel montior? flat panels use to have some pixel troubles with some drivers but i thought it was fixed? could be showing up again with the windows 7 os now. but that as far as i remember did not leave tool tip ghosts on over night. so it is sounding like a screen redraw bug. try changing the hrz to a lower one and see if they go away, like if your on 72 hrz now change it to 60 hrz and see if that fixed it.

:)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. Proscan tablet Android 4.3 ) 7. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.