Special character search

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Flashman

Special character search

Post by Flashman »

Please help. I prefer using special characters when tagging my songs, for eg Husker Du is tagged as Hüsker Dü. But when I search for Husker Du, nothing appears.
Do I specifically have to enter the accented characters when searching? I'm using MM Gold 3.2.0.1294.
Lowlander

Re: Special character search

Post by Lowlander »

Husker Du should actually show Hüsker Dü as a result.

Where do you enter Husker Du? Have you tried the search box in the search toolbar?
Flashman

Post by Flashman »

Hi Lowlander, thanks for your response. Yep, I enter it in the normal MM search box, with 'Entire Library' in the drop-down menu checked. I guess a work-around would be to enter the normal characters in another field but that's not ideal.
Can anyone confirm I'm living in an alternative Monkey universe by temporarily modifying a song tag with Hüsker Dü & searching for Husker Du (normal characters)?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Flashman wrote:Hi Lowlander, thanks for your response. Yep, I enter it in the normal MM search box, with 'Entire Library' in the drop-down menu checked. I guess a work-around would be to enter the normal characters in another field but that's not ideal.
Can anyone confirm I'm living in an alternative Monkey universe by temporarily modifying a song tag with Hüsker Dü & searching for Husker Du (normal characters)?
You're right, it doesn't work for me either. However, if I have a track with Mel Tormé as the original artist, and then search for Torme, I do get the result. I guess for some reason the ü isn't working correctly.

Bug reported: http://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=6226
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Flashman

Post by Flashman »

Thanks for confirming & submitting the 'bug' nohitter, all my other accented searches work as well. The o's work - Björk - but not the u's as yet.

Cool, resolved in latest build :)