System lag when changing track

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

AndyParka

System lag when changing track

Post by AndyParka » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:13 am

I'm a brand new user of MM coming from Winamp and have fixed all the small issues I've had so far. Every time i press the next track or previous track buttons (both in the main window and on my keyboard) my system lags for about half a second. normally this wouldn't be a problem but I mostly listen to music while playing games, and the lag when i skip songs is obvious and very annoying. If a song finishes and changes to the next song it does not lag, it only happens when i press the next or previous track buttons and it happens every time.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem or does anyone know of a fix that i have not yet found on my searches through google?
I apologize if this has been discussed in another post already, i did do a quick search before making this post with no related findings.
Windows 7 RC2 x64, Intel core 2 duo, 4gb ram, Logitech G15 keyboard Using the Winamp Visual System mylcd plugin (Still lags without the plugin installed). I'm using MM version 3.2.0.1924.

nohitter151

Re: System lag when changing track

Post by nohitter151 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:46 am

Do you use the last.fm scrobbler? Have you tried changing output plugin? (Tools > Options> output plugins).
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

AndyParka

Post by AndyParka » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:13 am

Unless last.fm scrobbler is a feature that runs automatically and I've missed it, I don't run it. i have the MMDS.dll and wave.dll outputs and the lag exists with either one selected.

by the way, I'm using a Creative X-fi Xtremegamer sound card if that makes any difference. If it did have something to do with the output plugin would finding and using an ASIO plugin fix this?

AndyParka

Post by AndyParka » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:32 am

UPDATE: I've just installed an ASIO output plugin, which works find, but the lag is still there suggesting that it is not my audio output plugin or configuration.

Stieffers

Post by Stieffers » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:26 pm

I've had the same problem ever since 3.2 was released.

Peke

Post by Peke » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:23 pm

All you that use Win 7/Vista can you try this http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 12#p234612
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum

AndyParka

Post by AndyParka » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:04 am

I tired the Maiko WASAPI plugin but this did not solve the problem. Thank you Peke for the suggestion though.