How to delete albumartsmall.jpg files?

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

callisto9

How to delete albumartsmall.jpg files?

Post by callisto9 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:14 pm

I am finally figuring out that the problem with my album art not syncing over correctly is these goofy albumartsmall.jpg files.

In doing some reading, I found out that these are coming from Windows Media Player. Odd since I haven't used Windows Media Player in months and I've unchecked the option to download album art automatically.

How did these files get in there? AND, why can't I search for them and delete them? I've searched every way possible and cannot find these files (yes, I have unchecked "hide system files").

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later." - Mitch Hedberg

(o\_vw_/o) - beetles rule!

projectfallback

Re: How to delete albumartsmall.jpg files?

Post by projectfallback » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:33 am

If you install the 'Everything' search engine, it will search your files lightning fast. I just tested it using albumartsmall.jpg and it found a couple.

http://www.voidtools.com/

Eyal

Post by Eyal » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:40 pm

projectfallback wrote:If you install the 'Everything' search engine, it will search your files lightning fast. http://www.voidtools.com/
Incredible! It's so fast! I wonder how it's working because there's no hard drive activity.

Thanks for the tip, projectfallback.

Happy new year!
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].

callisto9

Post by callisto9 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:35 pm

The files finally showed up. No idea why I couldn't find them before. I swear, Vista is more difficult than it needs to be.

Thanks for that link. I'll check it out.
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later." - Mitch Hedberg

(o\_vw_/o) - beetles rule!

agraham

Post by agraham » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:31 pm

More props for projectfallback. This tool is awesome.

rikkyc

Post by rikkyc » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:56 pm

For anyone interested, Everything works by monitoring your hard disk's changes instead of constantly scanning your drive (which it only does upon starting the program).

Either way, has anyone figured out how to actually disable the generation of said 'albumart' files?
I have two albums that keep generating the small JPGs and it's driving me insane!

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:09 pm

rikkyc wrote:For anyone interested, Everything works by monitoring your hard disk's changes instead of constantly scanning your drive (which it only does upon starting the program).

Either way, has anyone figured out how to actually disable the generation of said 'albumart' files?
I have two albums that keep generating the small JPGs and it's driving me insane!
Keep the tracks out of WMP. Windows Media player generates these art files for any tracks in its library.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

Kinjalk

Post by Kinjalk » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:44 am

i think you have to hide them...