Re downloading a truncated podcast episode

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

telliott

Re downloading a truncated podcast episode

Post by telliott »

I've been having trouble with truncated podcast episodes from Cnet. They have been having feed issues so it's probably an issue on their end but when I get a truncated episode, there is no easy way to re download it. I delete the partial file but that deletes it's entry also. Shouldn't the entry remain since it's still part of the feed? In order to get the entry back, I have to unsubscribe the podcast and re subscribe.

Is there any easier way?

Tim
nohitter151

Re: Re downloading a truncated podcast episode

Post by nohitter151 »

Right click the podcast > edit subscription. Place a check next to "Show removed episode links"
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
telliott

Post by telliott »

thanks. I must have missed that.

Tim

EDIT: I just checked the podcast I had problems with. It had that option checked. The episode link still disappeared when I deleted the file. I choose "Delete from library and computer" since I have no use for a truncated file. Is there something else I should be doing to keep the podcast link for easy re downloading?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

telliott wrote:thanks. I must have missed that.

Tim

EDIT: I just checked the podcast I had problems with. It had that option checked. The episode link still disappeared when I deleted the file. I choose "Delete from library and computer" since I have no use for a truncated file. Is there something else I should be doing to keep the podcast link for easy re downloading?
I just tried it, it is working fine for me. I deleted an episode from library and computer of one of my podcasts. Once I hit the refresh key (F5), the greyed out episode appeared again. Did you refresh?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
telliott

Post by telliott »

My podcast list is screwed up. I had 2 entries for the same podcast. One was greyed out (unsubscribed). I deleted that one, keeping episodes, and it worked.

Thanks,
Tim