How do I repeat one song?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Cruiser

How do I repeat one song?

Post by Cruiser »

Sometimes in between, there's a song I would like to put on repeat a couple of times.
But where is the repeat button?
I might be blind, but I can not see it anywhere. And I can not find any option to show it.
Is this option really not available?
rovingcowboy

Re: How do I repeat one song?

Post by rovingcowboy »

there is none in monkey.

you need to find the repeat script from peke.

he puts one in monkey but it is only useable if you turn shuffle off.

:D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Cruiser

Post by Cruiser »

OK, I will have to find it, and try it. But it must wait a while, since I have had some issues regarding
keeping the MM stable. At this point I should not add any new functions to the software, that could be mistaken
for causing trouble to the basic functions.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

Advanced Repeat

It works with Shuffle, just not when Shuffle and Continuous Play are both enabled.
bcalmac

Post by bcalmac »

This is a basic feature available in any simple player. How come a nice software like MM missed it? It's annoying. Are there any plans to implement it?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Doesn't the script achieve what you're looking for?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

if they loaded it lowlander they must not have found the icon for it because they did not look? or they don't have that tool bar loaded with the rest of the tool bars. :o

but the script still works here. :)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
bcalmac

Post by bcalmac »

No I haven't tried the script. I think this should be part of standard product.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

bcalmac wrote:No I haven't tried the script. I think this should be part of standard product.
1. Clear now playing
2. Drag a single track to now playing list
3. Play the track
4. Enable "Continuous" play under the "Play" menu

There you go, native repeat.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
bcalmac

Post by bcalmac »

My solution was to create a temporary playlist. But still, these are all workarounds.
spleek

Post by spleek »

I agree with bcalmac, this should be standard. I love MM so no disrespect, but it should just be one click away as it is with other major media players - a cycle-thru option of the shuffle button.
Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made »

It can be one click away, via the script I previously posted a link to.
ALB

Post by ALB »

Want to give a big thank you to peke for this
AoT

Post by AoT »

Create a playlist with just that song in it and put it on contiuous play. This will repeat the same song without a script or anything.
bee12345

Post by bee12345 »

I too think that the repeat-one-title function should be built into the original system. Skripts and alternatives are nice BUT should not be necessary...
This is the first downside to MM I have discovered. :-?